"Suggested Dress Code" on the daily newsletter

Forgive me for all the questions...

I'm reading through the wonderful review of the Liberty in prep for our first Royal cruise next year. I've seen the portion of the daily newsletter that states a "Suggested Dress Code" every day? One day was 'casual/whites', another was formal with ties. Is this a suggested attire for the day on the ship? Just at dinner? How does that apply to small kids 2-7?

Thanks!

I'm reading through the wonderful review of the Liberty in prep for our first Royal cruise next year. I've seen the portion of the daily newsletter that states a "Suggested Dress Code" every day? One day was 'casual/whites', another was formal with ties. Is this a suggested attire for the day on the ship? Just at dinner? How does that apply to small kids 2-7?

Thanks!

Don’t get all caught up in these dress code suggestions. A pair of slacks or capris with a nice top will be fine for dinner. On formal nights just bring a little dressier top and you will be fine.

My husband wears khaki’s with a collared shirts or floral shirt to dinner and looks perfectly fine.

You will see everything from shorts on up on the dining room. So trust me if you try to dress nicely you will be fine on all evenings.

During the day everything’s casual (shorts & tshirts)

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Thanks!

The suggested dress guidelines are for the evening in the MDR.

My daughter wore a dress every night because that was her preference. They were more of the everyday dress variety, not the Easter dress style. My son wore dress shorts and a polo for the casual nights and khakis with a button down for the formal nights. I switched between dresses (nothing fancy)and Capri pants. Hubby switched between dress shorts with polos and khakis with a button down shirt. I didn’t see many people in full suits. During the day we were mainly in swimsuits with coverups.