Liberty of the Seas 10/01/17 sailing with LGBT gathering

Therefore, I do think that it would be a kind gesture by Royal to have something for us. Many staff on the ships are gay, so it would be a great thing for them to do as well.

You’re operating on the assumption they don’t when in fact they do. The problem is poor attendance and the unrealistic expectation that the cruise line should do something more to entice people to show up.

Fraternization of the crew with guests of such a nature as you suggest is frowned upon industry-wide and would never be condoned.

In my opinion the cruise lines are doing plenty to provide a welcoming, friendly, accepting and safe environment for every guest.

Fraternization of the crew with guests of such a nature as you suggest is frowned upon industry-wide and would never be condoned.

I was watching a vlog of married celeb couple who were on Allure last year (I think they were once participants on DWTS). The wife said that she was having a lengthy discussion at the Spa with a spa worker about God. If they were allowed to discuss religion, what makes discussing sexuality worse?

We clearly have different views on this, but I look at it from an LGBT perspective, so I am saying what I feel would benefit us the best.

I've been cruising for decades with my son and his now-husband. I think I know that of which I speak.

The vast majority of cruise lines DO provide a space and time for such gatherings - some on a daily basis. Gatherings such as this and others like it have never been "hosted by a crew member".

They don't force people to attend. If attendance is poor, you have to look at the target audience (not the venue).

The so-called "CC M&M" are often not even attended by crew members and certainly shouldn't be judged as valued just because a crew member shows up.

The bottom line is that the cruise lines provide the time and place for those who want to meet, mingle and make friends with others. Just because they don't provide a host, advertise it more than any other gathering and force people to show up doesn't mean they haven't made the effort.

Exactly right, the fact that the event is at an actual venue is the expectation. Any event that occurs during the week will hopefully get RCl participation other than that it us up to the people interested to show.

I just came here to say how happy I am to see such acceptance and relatively polite responses on this thread, instead of homophobia.

Thank you. Positive impact with total acceptance of others view points was my goal. This world would be such a better place if this occurred on a daily basis. Love is truly love.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll add something else: Have you considered mentioning this in your post cruise survey?

Very good suggestion.

My husband and I (50's, straight couple) pariticipated in and won the 70's music and Classic Rock trivia. Fun, but there were NO female bands or singers, let alone LGBTQ persons included in the Classic Rock questions!

I mentioned it in the post-cruise survey, asking that women's AND LGBTQ folks' contributions be included in future trivia.