Haven Prices

The Haven seems to sell out though on many sailings. We were deciding between a true luxury line (Regent Seven Seas etc... and the Haven on our cruise). Friends who did the Regent felt that there was simply not enough to do on board. We felt the Haven would in some ways give us the best of both words. The Haven pricing was in line with the luxury lines.

That's the one problem with the Haven. It's priced like a luxury line, but NCL isn't a luxury line. However, as others have mentioned, the luxury lines don't have the entertainment that NCL offers. For my money though, MCS's Yacht Club is thousands less than the Haven, and they actually give you more.

Prices have gone up and my next two cruises one with DD and DGD and one with DH we opted for a balcony on POA and mini-suite on the Pearl. The suite prices to sail on POA I felt were outrageous another $2300 for my DD and myself and a little less than that amount for my DGD. For just two adults it was way more then what my DH and I paid for our recent Med Haven Epic cruise. :eek: My DH and I have a Pacific Coast cruise planned for later in 2018 and the prices for a suite were not that bad but an extra $500 each for 5-days in a suite (not Haven) did not seem worth it to me. We have our eyes out for the prices in 2019 when the cruise post. We decided to stick with NCL-not a cheerleader just comfortable.

As far as the "suite" prices NCL isn't very competitive compared to the other lines.

For example - (7 day Caribbean)

NCL Getaway June 2018 Haven Courtyard Penthouse Suite = $8,919

MSC Seaside (brand new ship) June 2018 Yacht Club Deluxe Suite = $4,774

Celebrity Equinox June 2018 Sky Suite = $5,298

Basically to sail in the Haven you're paying 50-80% more then the competition. As a matter of fact, you can sail on the MSC Seaside in a Deluxe Suite for about as much as you would pay on NCL for a mini-suite (fancy word for a balcony room).

So when people say "Oh the UBP is free" etc...well it's not free. Not at all. You're paying for it thru one of NCLs marketing gimmicks and you're the exact person they're targeting.

We look at it as "it is what it is" and don't even consider the Haven any longer on short been-there-done-that cruises. For longer or "bucket list" cruises, we'll dig a little deeper and book a suite on Jewel class or similar ships. To my mind, the Haven is really only special on the big ships anyways and another 7-day BA cruise from NYC or Escape from Miami isn't on our top 10 list.

We booked a "suite" on the Jade for an eastern Med cruise. True, it is not a Haven cabin, but it has all the service aspects we like (butler, concierge, private b/f & lunch, priority em/de, etc.). The price was $1,699 pp with all the perks.

Then again, after the cost of airfare, what the heck is a few more $ to make it a comfortable vacation?

As an aside, we are wrestling whether to buy trip insurance.

I've noticed that the price has increased for a lot of cruises, but not all. Next week we sail the med out of Barcelona and got a great deal on a Aft-facing Haven suite, which I'm particularly excited about (I've long wanted to try the aft-facing rooms after hearing so much about them). Contrast that with an incredibly high price tag on the Caribbean cruise we're taking next April and it's amazing to think it's the same/similar room (>2x the cost).

Honestly, we love the Haven and plan to only book Haven rooms when we are on NCL. With that said, we are increasingly likely to explore other lines (MSC gets a lot of attention, as does Celebrity/Princess and we are really looking hard at a Viking Ocean Cruise now).

We booked a "suite" on the Jade for an eastern Med cruise. True, it is not a Haven cabin, but it has all the service aspects we like (butler, concierge, private b/f & lunch, priority em/de, etc.). The price was $1,699 pp with all the perks.

Then again, after the cost of airfare, what the heck is a few more $ to make it a comfortable vacation?

As an aside, we are wrestling whether to buy trip insurance.

Since we are seniors we always purchase insurance now. We sailed in an aft suite on the Jade and enjoyed it.