food itineary

buckreed

My family (4boys) and wife are leaving on the 17th out of Galveston for a seven day cruise. We are trying to find out more info on formal nights and what is being served. I don't want to book reservations in one of the restaurants if the food is worth going to the dining area.

If anyone has an itineary of dining times it would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

On a 7 day cruise, there will be 2 formal nights.

Lobster, beef wellington and other delights are offered the second formal night, which is usually on the last sea day or the next to last night. They never have formal night the last night before disembarkation. This is also the evening of the Captain's Circle Cocktail party, part of Princess' loyalty program for repeat cruisers.

The first formal night will be early on, the first or second full day of the cruise usually - it will be the Captain's Welcome Aboard party as well with a welcoming speech and an evening of complimentary hors d'oerves and drinks in the atrium before dinner for both seatings.

If you are going on a Caribbean itinerary - book the specialty restaurant on Caribbean night because most do not find the menu as appealing that evening.

I would not make reservations in the "special" dining rooms on any Formal night. The ship really does try to have wonderful dinners those nights. One night is always Lobster, as much as you want.

Where can I find out when the formal nights are?:rolleyes:

The thread "Live from the Grand" can help you more with what is actually on the menu. They are on board now doing a B2B. The titles of the menus in 7 day order are: Sat: Sailaway, Sun: Welcome(formal), Mon: Caribbean, Tues: Italian, Wed: Chef (Formal), Thrs: Gala, Fri: Farewell. Hope this helps!

Can Anyone Answer This? Where Does It Show Me What Nights Are Formal Nights? I Appreciate The Responses But I Have Several And They Are All Different. Please If Possible Point Me In The Direction Of A Place That Shows What Nights Are Formal.

Archived