Family vacation

SAMMYD8912

Ok so June 23, 2018 will be our next family cruise. Next year we'll be taking our newest edition who will be 1year 7 months old then. I also have a 5 yr old. So me, my boyfriend and our two kids will be cruising carnival magic for 7 days. What are some must do family things and some things we don't need to waste time on??? We leave from Orlando and our ports are Amber cove, SanJuan, virgin islands,and grand Turk. Any thing from the ship to ports would greatly be appreciated!! And anything on the ship.... We will be buying a few pictures too this year all advice is welcome!!!! Thanks in assignable advance!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Forums mobile app

Have made this itinerary run a few times and love the magic (enjoy her she leaves PC later 2018)....with small children you will want to check out camp carnival (or whatever they call it now as my DS is 14) for the 5 yr old. Unfortunately your youngest will be with you 24/7 as kids need to be 2 to enjoy the kid camps. They have lots to do in the younger camps and your 5 yr should enjoy it. When our son was a toddler we learned to book a balcony cabin (and have ever since!!) for naps and down time that most toddlers need (and mom/dad) when traveling. DS would nap and I could enjoy my book on the balcony and felt like I was getting the benefit of some outside time.

We kept our toddler on a schedule while cruising as close as possible for the sanity of us all, it worked out just fine. Amber Cove and Turks are easy ports with kids as both have nice big pools (with small kid areas) which are free (of course any drinks and food will cost you) and you can just relax and let the kids enjoy. Make it easy on yourself and dont over plan for ports with a toddler, be flexible and set the bar low at this point. Have a blast, get nice family pix and just enjoy this time of life with little kids, they grow up too soon!!!

My kids are older, but you might consider a beach excitation or resort for a day in the other ports. Amber Cove and Grand Turk are great for ease and free pools.

As for the ship, the kids club for your five year old is a great idea, as is the water park area. For the toddler, you have to be potty trained to use the pools, etc..., so that might be an issue.

We found that there is lots to do on the ship, but that many of the organized activities tend to be geared to slightly older kids (mine were 9 and 6 on the Magic this summer). You can still enjoy a lot of other stuff, including mini golf, the games next to the Red Frog Pub, and all the wonderful silliness that the staff put together!

A link to my review from summer 2017 of the same ports is linked from my signature below :).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are so many suggestions that many will have. Like a previous reply check out the family area and search around this board and you'll find many tips.

I personally say check out the Dr. Seuss parade, kids clubs and bring a small umbrella stroller as you won't want to push around anything larger. Enjoy it and have fun!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

In San Juan go to El Morro. Take a ball, frisbee, kite, whatever the kiddos like to do outside. The yard is HUGE here. We told the kids they could run, jump, do cartwheels, all the stuff they haven't been able to do down the hallways on the ship!