Liqour delivered to the cabin?

tractortom

Looking into the "Indulgences" tab before we leave on our trip in a month. It lists my favorite, Jack Daniels, for $73.75, delivered to your cabin on Embarkation Day. Does anyone know how large of a bottle you get for that $73.75 + 15%??

I can get a 1.75 L bottle here at the ABC store for around $37.00, and am willing to purchase the bottle on board IF it is a large bottle of Jack, as I can't carry any on, and the drinks are around $8.00 a piece by the glass.

Thanks in advance,

Tom in Okeechobee, FL

My husband likes Jack Daniels too and as others have said, it is a liter bottle. I know the price seems steep compared to liquor store prices at home, but we find HAL to be one of the more reasonable cruise lines on their liquor prices from what my TA told me. In our opinion, it is well worth the $$, as pricey as it is, to have some in the cabin so he can enjoy his favorite! I thought I was told by a bartender on the ship once that you can also order a bottle from the bar (I assume it is the same price) if you run out on a longer cruise. We have only taken 7 day cruises.

I thought I was told by a bartender on the ship once that you can also order a bottle from the bar (I assume it is the same price)
correct ... but if you ask the price they will quote the amount before the 15% is added

PS a liter should yield you (16) 2 oz. drinks, so 16X8$ = $128, so it is still a bargain compared to buying Jack Daniels in the bar by the drink.........just another way to look at it, or justify the price! And I don't know if Jack Daniels is $8.00 or $9.00 a drink now, in which case it is even more of a bargain.

Have fun on your cruise!:)

Well, according to the prices I could find online, a drink of Jack Daniels should be about $8 after the 15% is added in, so it is in line with other lines I have been on in the past few years. Sometimes if you tip a little bit in cash to the bartender, you can get a bit more than a shot (1.5 oz.) in a drink.

We should have about a $300 cabin credit with the cruise, so I'll probably order the bottle and pay the extra for the ability to have a bottle around for afternoons out on the balcony watching the water go by.

Always nice to have a drink in the room, and I'm getting way to old to try and sneak some alcohol on the ship and get in trouble. Right?:D

Tom in Okeechobee, FL

Well, according to the prices I could find online, a drink of Jack Daniels should be about $8 after the 15% is added in, so it is in line with other lines I have been on in the past few years. Sometimes if you tip a little bit in cash to the bartender, you can get a bit more than a shot (1.5 oz.) in a drink.

We should have about a $300 cabin credit with the cruise, so I'll probably order the bottle and pay the extra for the ability to have a bottle around for afternoons out on the balcony watching the water go by.

Always nice to have a drink in the room, and I'm getting way to old to try and sneak some alcohol on the ship and get in trouble. Right?:D

Tom in Okeechobee, FL

We agree, Tom. It's nice to have a drink at the bars and lounges, but it is VERY nice to have one on the balcony/verandah and watch the beautiful seascape. That is why we love balcony rooms so much. It is peaceful to sit quietly with an adult beverage and enjoy nature. Enjoy!:D

And in the Grand Scheme Of Things, what's $35 compared to what you're already spending on the cruise? :)

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this expense, along with a gallon of distilled water for the wife's CPAP machine. I'm kind of an introvert and need time to hide from the people sometimes. That means time out on our balcony and a glass of Jack Daniels and ice to keep me company.

Thanks for all the info guys! Nice to be able to get straight answers to questions to help with the decision-making process sometimes.

Tom in Okeechobee, FL

We order Grey Goose vodka for the cabin. It is expensive as well. But well worth it.

You are lucky to get 1.5 ounces at a bar. We have watched a couple of bar tenders not fill the shot glass to the white line.

We also enjoy sitting out on the verandah -- watching the sea -- in port watching people -- sipping our Grey Goose.

You are lucky to get 1.5 ounces at a bar. We have watched a couple of bar tenders not fill the shot glass to the white line.

I've found if you slip the bartender a $1 tip for pouring the drink, the second one is BETTER! After you tip him three times, he makes sure you are getting good sized drinks from then on. At least this is how it worked for me on RCCL the last couple trips...

Tom in Okeechobee, FL

I might order a bottle or 2 for my upcoming 22 day cruise. I figured is much more of a bargain as opposed to buying individually.

I sure wish dink packages were discounted on longer cruises. I just can't see myself forking over $1400 for a beverage package on my upcoming 22 day cruise.

PS a liter should yield you (16) 2 oz. drinks, so 16X8$ = $128, so it is still a bargain compared to buying Jack Daniels in the bar by the drink.........just another way to look at it, or justify the price! And I don't know if Jack Daniels is $8.00 or $9.00 a drink now, in which case it is even more of a bargain.

Have fun on your cruise!:)

Excellent point. I never even thought about doing this.

When you order Jack on line you'll be asked if you want it delivered in Ft. Lauderdale on embarkation day or sea day etc: If you choose Ft Lauderdale you may be charged 7% Fl tax. I choose the next day and usually it's in my cabin on embarkation day with no tax . If not there you can go to any bar and order or call room service.

When you order Jack on line you'll be asked if you want it delivered in Ft. Lauderdale on embarkation day or sea day etc: If you choose Ft Lauderdale you may be charged 7% Fl tax. I choose the next day and usually it's in my cabin on embarkation day with no tax . If not there you can go to any bar and order or call room service.

They billed me when I placed the order, and specified the embarkation day, no tax appeared on the invoice. I have to assume that there isn't any tax associated with the sale, as it is now complete.

Valid thought, but didn't seem to be an issue this time.

Tom in Okeechobee, FL