Quick help need open booking

Has the policy changed for open bookings?

I wanted to use it as my deposit but the agent is saying I still have to make full deposit.

It's been over 2 years since I booked a RC cruise. Has this policy changed in the last two years?

Thanks.

As long as you are booking a refundable fare they should still honour the terms of your open booking.

If you are now trying to book a non refundable deposit (lower fare) then you will be required to pay the full deposit.

Thanks. I ended up on the phone for an hour and half with the agent. he didn't know anything. he kept putting me on hold to talk to his supervisor. he never even told me I could use it for a refundable option. He probably didn't know. He didn't know much of anything. I was going to do a back to back but only did one cruise because of the fiasco with the open booking. I'm so disappointed with the service I received. I may call the C&A number tomorrow.

Thanks. I ended up on the phone for an hour and half with the agent. he didn't know anything. he kept putting me on hold to talk to his supervisor. he never even told me I could use it for a refundable option. He probably didn't know. He didn't know much of anything. I was going to do a back to back but only did one cruise because of the fiasco with the open booking. I'm so disappointed with the service I received. I may call the C&A number tomorrow.

Rates of the total cruise can be about the same, but depending on cruise you are trying to book a refundable cruise could cost you hundreds more for the cruise. If so then it's up to you if you'd rather pay the whole deposit to save money. Good luck...