Discover the suite life

pisces14

This has been my experience also.

On cruises where suites aren’t selling, they don’t put them to Saver anymore, they offer paid/unpaid upgrades to specific passengers - this means if you want a suite you have to pay for a select price suite, no point hanging on for reductions.

Those who have paid for a suite aren’t usually aware that their neighbours may have paid the cost of a lower grade (and possibly a relatively small upgrade fee), if there were spare suites at the booking cut-off.

Suites seem to be more popular these days and the cruises I’ve been in recently seemed to sell out early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Up to a point I agree with you, though they do still sometimes go to Saver. And the Select price changes, sometimes daily. It's still quite possible to pick up a bargain Select price some time after a cruise first goes on sale, but several months (sometimes a lot longer) before the cruise date. I know - I have.

During my exploration of the P&O prices I also found this oddity - which I cannot explain!

Select Price£5,388.00

Early Saver£6,078.00

Upgrade to Select Price for added benefits

Our Early Saverrepresents great value but has fewer associated benefits than the Select Priceand is not combinable with any current offers. Before you go any further,here's a chance to compare fares and benefits and see what is best for you.

A quick comparison:

Select Price £5,388.00

Upgrade allpassengers in this cabin for only £-690, which averages less than £-24 perperson per night.

Upgrade todayand you can benefit from the following:

·Choice of cabin number (subject to availability)

·First priority for preferred dining times and table size

·Choice of on board spending money, parking in or return coach travelto/from Southampton for cruises of 7 nights or more that depart fromSouthampton. Or a choice of on board spending money or airport parking forfly-cruises

·Free shuttle buses in port to get you from your ship to the nearest townor transport hub (where available and provided by P&O Cruises)

·Flexibility to change your booking (subject to our booking conditions)

·15% deposit

Continue with Select Price

Early Saver £6,078.00

Our EarlySaver represents great value but has fewer associated benefits than the SelectPrice and is not combinable with any current offers.

How the EarlySaver compares:

·Choice of cabin type, but we'll assign your cabin number

·Second priority for your preferred dining time and table size

·Shuttle buses in port to get you from your ship to the nearest town ortransport hub (where available and provided by P&O Cruises) are atadditional cost

·15% deposit

Continuewith Early Saver

This was the actual screenshot for the post immediately above this one:

2ltsjdi.jpg

This often happens when the ship is full or nearly full in certain grades.

Sent from my iPad using Forums