Steakhouse Dine Along

tortuga1975

Just got off a eight day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Conquest with my dad. He surprised me one night with reservations to their steakhouse. It was fabulous!

Since I'll probably never have it together enough to do a full cruise review, I thought I could at least do a dine along of this meal and share what it's like to eat there.

First up, the menus.

059435f4b8b7dc642b1fc26338d9b558.jpg

0eba02ce6e9d942b7d14f41959bdfcb0.jpg

b5ce4c8d5216d7b29cfb86d476def7f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now the good stuff...the food!

We started with bread. I had the focaccia. It was buttery and salty and oh so good.

4d620b1d6f05a8c8887acffb217b9bcf.jpg

Then something came out compliments of the chef. It was crab in a meringue bun. Looked really pretty - unfortunately neither Dad or I are seafood people!

05853dd92592748c7fab5d9c523656b4.jpg

Now for the main course. I got the filet mignon - medium well since I'm a heathen. They butterflied it so it wouldn't burn. One of the best steaks I've ever had - so tender and flavorful that I didn't bother dipping it in the bernaise.

6b53f53f6eb6e6959a6e9cf0bc38be3e.jpg

Baked potato. It was a potato. I wish they hadn't combined the chives and the bacon since I hate the former but live the latter. Oh well, I ate enough bacon on this cruise that I can go without one night.

5ff4e1174f67c805e3045f0c799d9be3.jpg

Shout out to the broccoli for letting me pretend that I was eating healthy.

ef0f5868b9b3708fe10ce3de7164cdc9.jpg

Finally - dessert time! I didn't eat all day because I was bound and determined that I was gonna make it to dessert without declaring defeat.

052b0fda6da3cc306e5766524d5737a1.jpg

I opted for the cheesecake which was HUGE. I was thinking chocolate sampler, but it didn't look great. I also asked for the cheese plate because (a) I was gonna get my money's worth and (b) you don't get this fat only eating one dessert. Unfortunately you're only allowed one dessert.

904df0f75df6ee4f502b1761b69542da.jpg

SURPRISE ENDING! Our waiter came over with the cheese tray and said he talked to the chef and we could have cheese too. How nice! Now, I like cheese, but be aware that some of these are - shall we say - aggressive. So so good though.

232266c43a4337cb89dc85d90d5d78bf.jpg

So that's dinner at the steak house. I was generally opposed to pay restaurants on cruise ships because I think it encourages more up charges by the lines, but this was really really good. I figure we paid about the same for that as we would FTTF (which we get) or bottomless bubbles (which we do not.). It's all what you decide is important to you.

So that's dinner at the steak house. I was generally opposed to pay restaurants on cruise ships because I think it encourages more up charges by the lines, but this was really really good. I figure we paid about the same for that as we would FTTF (which we get) or bottomless bubbles (which we do not.). It's all what you decide is important to you.

Thank you for sharing! We love the Steakhouse and always treat ourselves one night. The cheesecake makes a great late night snack later;)

Great review!

Just a couple of add ons....

The Chef’s appetizer changes nightly. Also every night they have a different fresh made ice cream.

My next course - French onion soup. For those of you who complain that the food in the MDR is too cold, you will be relieved to know that this soup was approximately 1000 degrees.

This *actually* made me laugh out loud! I loved your brief review, and obvious wit!

Yum, yum, and yum!!! We have never had dinner at the steakhouse, but I have heard nothing but GREAT reviews. We have reservations for the steakhouse on our upcoming cruise (actually the night of our 20 year wedding anniversay!), and now I am even more excited about it after reading and drooling over your review! :D

Thanks for sharing your comments, and really enjoyed your photos! Question: did they cut the stalk part out of your romaine lettuce when they served your Caesar salad table-side? While the French onion soup photo looks great, I'd encourage you to try the lobster bisque next time even though you aren't a seafood person. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for sharing!

We love, love, love the Steakhouse. We really enjoy the dining on ships of yester years, so we eat only at specialty restaurants. We book a slightly less expensive cabin, and spend the extra money on the restaurants. Thank you for sharing, we sail in 19 days, cant wait to eat a 555 steak!

Thank you so much for your review! Absolutely loved it. My boyfriend and I go on our first ever cruise in January and I have reservations at the steakhouse and the Italian restaurant on the Magic. Treat yourself right??

For those of you planning your evening at the steakhouse the menu featured was the old menu. The ships are changing over the a slightly altered menu. The cheesecake and chocolate sampler are gone. A few of the apps and salads have changed. The entrée list if pretty much the same. If memory serves me the Lobster Ravioli is gone now and at least one other item. As far as getting two salads and two desserts, this is not the norm. I don't want others to be disappointed if they are told no.