How does Princess Cays compare to HMC?

crazycruzer68

Not nearly as nice as HMC. The beach is rocky at first but then lovely a bit out.

Plenty of chars under cover if you prefer shade but get there early.

Food was terrible - we ate very little and ended going back to the ship.

Overall it was a good day - but not that slice of heaven that HMC provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought the food was pretty much exactly as it is on HMC.

But, no, it isn't as nice. I'm not a swimmer but like to wade in and didn't even do that because of the rocks.

At HMC, I walk down almost to the end of the cabanas to find somewhere a bit more peaceful. On Princess Cays, it's pretty much packed with chairs, bars, shops all the way along. Note, I did not go down to the right (facing the island from the water) when we got off the tender, but I've looked at the maps and it just looks like more of the same, except chairs with clamshells.

HMC cabana vs PC bungalow - there's no immediate beach access on PC. The "serenity" bungalows at the end seem nice and quiet, but if you want to play in the water, you have to hike back down to the swimming area. Still, at least you can get away from the noise and activity.

We had a nice day there. I'd have no problem with an itinerary calling there again.

But I'm back at HMC on 11/18 and looking forward to it yet again. I think this will be my 7th or 8th time (with my only miss during Hurricane Sandy 5 years ago).

Edit: I wrote a review of my 8/30 Ecstasy sailing and included PC in there. On this board, not the review board.

First time there fill me in!!!

Not even close, in my opinion. HMC is one of my favorite private islands and in my opinion, has the best beach of all the private islands. Princess Cays is my least favorite.

However, the good thing about Princess Cays is, it's not actually a private island. You can take a tour into town if you like (at least, Princess offers the tour), or you can walk as far as you want down the beach, leaving the Princess property.