Coming back to NCL

mvh

We are coming back to NCL after a few cruises on RCI. Can someone get me up to speed on the whole upsell process? Is there still an upsell phone line like they had a few years ago? I have vaguely heard about up upsell bidding. When and how does this happen and does it happen? We just booked the Sky and we are 77 days out. We also booked the Star out of Venice next September. When would I be able to bid on that?

We are coming back to NCL after a few cruises on RCI. Can someone get me up to speed on the whole upsell process? Is there still an upsell phone line like they had a few years ago? I have vaguely heard about up upsell bidding. When and how does this happen and does it happen? We just booked the Sky and we are 77 days out. We also booked the Star out of Venice next September. When would I be able to bid on that?

At least in our case, it worked this way: we got an email asking us if we wanted to bid on an upgrade. There was directions on how to do this. Also our account had a message about upgrades. Bids are accepted clear up to 48 hours prior to sailing. Some hear right away, most not until,at closer to sailing date. If you accept your cc will be charged. We bid about 2 months ago and still haven't heard. We sail in 17 days. I hope I explained it but probably someone else can do a better job.

Will I get an email even if I booked with a TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I always book through a local travel agent and received an e mail for bidding on an upgrade. The e mail will tell you the type cabin you can bid on and what the minimum bid would be per person double occupancy. As a solo passenger I had to bid at least double the minimum bid.

Also certain cabin categories do NOT qualify to participate in the program. I booked a Studio cabin for my next cruise and it does not qualify.

If you booked directly with NCL or with a participating TA you can bid now. Log into your account and you will get a screen saying "Let's Get You Upgraded". Click on that and follow the instructions. For the Star next year, you will be able to bid at 80 days out from sailing.

At least in our case, it worked this way: we got an email asking us if we wanted to bid on an upgrade. There was directions on how to do this. Also our account had a message about upgrades. Bids are accepted clear up to 48 hours prior to sailing. Some hear right away, most not until,at closer to sailing date. If you accept your cc will be charged. We bid about 2 months ago and still haven't heard. We sail in 17 days. I hope I explained it but probably someone else can do a better job.

We have not received an email about bidding for an upgrade but it is probably because we have, and need, an accessible cabin. Those are all usually booked early.