Are there formal nights??

Sea and Me

I believe they call them "elegant" nights--you can choose to dress up if you want. Most people don't do "formal" on the cruises we have been on. We leave in a couple of weeks on our 5th NCL cruise. I will say it was always kind of fun when the kids were teens seeing them all dressed up and taking them to dinner. It does make packing and planning much simpler now without formal nights!

There is "Norwegian's Night Out" in which people can dress if they wish. It is the evening of the first full day at sea- for The Getaway that would be Monday evening. Early in the evening the Captain will be in the Atrium in full Dress Blues and you can have your picture taken with him. He is only there for a very short period of time- 30 minutes maybe. Your Freestyle Daily will give you that exact information. Some people dress up and many do not- your choice- advantage to Freestyle Cruising.

NCL embraces freestyle cruising. No formal nights. No elegant nights. “Dress up or Not”. On a 7-day cruise, nights 2-6 will have photographers out to take pictures,,,, or not.

On the Getaway, you can wear shorts to all complimentary restaurants, all meals,,, if you want.

Two specialty restaurants, Le Bistro and Ocean Blue require gentelmen to wear long pants.

Enjoy. Relax. Leave the formal wear at home for special occasions.

That being said, most people will dress up a little at night. But it is not required or requested.