Does NCL ever have a sale on shore excursions?

AussieCruiser2332

Hi,

We are booked on POA in October 2018. There is a particular shore excursion that we are interested in that we want to book through NCL. We have previously sailed RC and at time they have sales on shore excursions and drink packages - does NCL offer the same?

I know the shore excursions are more expensive than booking direct but we want to book through NCL for Kona as it is a tender port and don't want the hassle of lining up early for tender tickets.

Thank you.

Some of you, like us, might recalled years ago - that is, many ... many years ago, NCL ShoreEx onboard - had giveaways for booking (i.e. beach/tote bags, t-shirts, etc. as extra perks/incentives) ... we've gotten those. Prices for port/shuttle transfers were dropped/price matched due to local competition a few years ago on the Jewel when we're at Port Canaveral.

Otherwise, not really any sales or 2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc. For POA tours in the Hawaiian islands, I seriously doubt of any at all as they are the only ones at the ports. Prices had been going up (whether it's inflated to offset the "credits" ... I won't call them out, do your own research & planning) Checkout the HI forum for destination ideas, options for DIY and local advice,

I have never seen shore excursions go on sale; only cancelled if there is lack of interest.

Tracy

Just an FYI- I had a shore excursion cancelled because of weather, when we went down the pier the operator was still there and said he was still doing the excursion if we wanted to go, we paid him direct, less than NCL. Turned out fantastic, the weather cleared and probably 50% or more of the booked then cancelled people never showed.

The only "discount" I've ever seen, is when NCL offers the shore excursion discount as one of their booking perks. This comes and goes, with the last value I've seen of $50.

It doesn't sound like it was available for your booking? Unfortunately, some NCL Kona excursions are shorter compared to direct tours. I'll assume you are looking at snorkeling at the Cook Monument?