Alaska cruisers-need a question answered.

carmel

I'm booked for June 2018 for a r/t, out of Seattle up to Skagway and back. I used to live in Skagway so I know most days are not swimming weather. I'm on the Explorer and wondering if they allow kids in the Solarium pool (covered) because of the temps? I know a Carnival cruise I was on did it due to cold weather. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same on RCCL.

Thanks!!!

I'm booked for June 2018 for a r/t, out of Seattle up to Skagway and back. I used to live in Skagway so I know most days are not swimming weather. I'm on the Explorer and wondering if they allow kids in the Solarium pool (covered) because of the temps? I know a Carnival cruise I was on did it due to cold weather. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same on RCCL.

Thanks!!!

The Solarium is not covered on Explorer.

LOL. Well then that answers my question.

thanks

Radiance is the other Royal ship that does Alaska cruises, and she does have a covered Solarium.

However, Radiance does one-way 7-day cruises between Vancouver and Seward.

Yeah, I saw that. Our daughter has an internship at Microsoft next summer so we wanted r/t out of Seattle. Bummer that the there is no cover. Think they would put one in for me before June if I asked very nicely?

That kinda sucks.:p

Yeah, I saw that. Our daughter has an internship at Microsoft next summer so we wanted r/t out of Seattle. Bummer that the there is no cover. Think they would put one in for me before June if I asked very nicely?

That kinda sucks.:p

Can't hurt to call.;)

Did you check other cruise lines? There might be other options.

So much to see and do, swimming may not be tops on the list!!

True. This cruise is mainly for my daughters and husband (and to see our oldest) as I lived in Skagway. We were on Adventure this summer and there are tons of things to do. However, I gotta dip my butt into some form of saltwater or it just isn't a vacation for me.:D

Can't hurt to call.;)

Did you check other cruise lines? There might be other options.

Yes. We spent about a week comparing. This had the best fit for us. Plus, DH is a RCCL fan. As long as i'm on a ship I don't much care. But if all things equal, he will always choose RCCL. It doesn't help that we had the cruise of a lifetime (B2B SoCarib) this past July on RCCL.

Hey - one more question.........Our TA put us down for open seating. We have always done early dining and she knows that (she automatically had put that for other cruises). Does the Explorer only offer open seating on the AK cruises?

thanks

Hey - one more question.........Our TA put us down for open seating. We have always done early dining and she knows that (she automatically had put that for other cruises). Does the Explorer only offer open seating on the AK cruises?

thanks

No, Explorer offers early traditional, late traditional, and My Time. Ask the TA to put you on the wait list for early dining.

... wondering if they allow kids in the Solarium pool (covered) because of the temps?

Just to answer more in general, on the ships that have a covered solarium, they *might* allow kids under 16. Like many things RC there is no hard and fast rule.

My own experience is if the weather is cold enough, they allow all ages use of the solarium pool during the day (they put up a sign with the allowed times). Not specific to Alaska either, it happened on our British Isles cruise as well.