Looking for a booze cruise excursion in Grand Turk?

Kyndal93

Usually Carnival offers a snorkeling and beach excursion on a catamaran with unlimited rum punch, but I don’t see one this time. Is there a private one that does something similar?

Also, is the snorkeling good in Grand Turk or would it be better to do snorkeling in the DR or Curacao and just hit up the beach in Grand Turk?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually Carnival offers a snorkeling and beach excursion on a catamaran with unlimited rum punch, but I don’t see one this time. Is there a private one that does something similar?

How far off is your cruise? They might add that one later. It's also possible that it's been a victim of hurricane damage.

Also, is the snorkeling good in Grand Turk or would it be better to do snorkeling in the DR or Curacao and just hit up the beach in Grand Turk?

Thanks!

I'd do both: relax on the beach and do some snorkeling. Although not fantastic, the snorkeling along the beach (between Margaritaville and Jack's Shack) has been getting better, with more fish-life. You'll need to go out past the surf zone (closer to the safety line) for it. The beach is, of course, free by Margaritaville. Depth out by the line ranges from around 15 ft. to 40 ft. There are two sunken anchors and a cannon along there, too.

A bit beyond Jack's Shack is Governor's Beach, which reportedly has good snorkeling. (And also a wrecked cargo ship; you'll see it when you make port.) It's beyond the small commercial pier by Jack's and you can't walk under it, so you have to go out to the road and back down to Governor's Beach.

We used White Sands Charters and enjoyed it. It was not a catamaran, but we did the Supreme package which included a reef stop, wall stop, Gibbs Cay and diving for conch. They have several options available with less stops that would allow for more beach time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

You can get better shore snorkeling up at Pillory Beach. But indeed the best is via a boat excursion off shore. Also, there is better snorkeling at the cruise port if you head to your right and go past the Tail of the Whale. Can be a bit rocky and you are on your own there.

You can get better shore snorkeling up at Pillory Beach. But indeed the best is via a boat excursion off shore. Also, there is better snorkeling at the cruise port if you head to your right and go past the Tail of the Whale. Can be a bit rocky and you are on your own there.

Oddly enough, we were disappointed when we tried snorkeling there. We didn't see a single fish even as far out as you were allowed to go. :o

I saw a fair number out by the line between Margaritaville and Jack's Shack, with deep, clear water (it's over the dredged channel for ships).