Celebrity Aqua Class to NCL Escape Mini-suite

Chrisfromco

Hi all! We are down to 80 days to sail away!! (January 13th) I am looking at booking shows and possibly dining and wanted to get your feedback. We have sailed 3 times in the last few years, all Celebrity Aqua Class. This will be our first cruise bringing our teenagers, hence the reason for trying something different. We have the specialty dining perk. I am thinking our boys may not care much for this, so it may be date night for those 3 nights. Which of the 3 would give us a similar experience to Blu on Celebrity? In regards to the shows. We grew up in the 80's and the Brat Pack looks interesting, as well as After Midnight. The entertainment on Celebrity was just so so. Not sure what expectations I should have for these two shows? Any input would be much appreciated. In an case my wife and I are super excited to see how we like Norwegian!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all! We are down to 80 days to sail away!! (January 13th) I am looking at booking shows and possibly dining and wanted to get your feedback. We have sailed 3 times in the last few years, all Celebrity Aqua Class. This will be our first cruise bringing our teenagers, hence the reason for trying something different. We have the specialty dining perk. I am thinking our boys may not care much for this, so it may be date night for those 3 nights. Which of the 3 would give us a similar experience to Blu on Celebrity? In regards to the shows. We grew up in the 80's and the Brat Pack looks interesting, as well as After Midnight. The entertainment on Celebrity was just so so. Not sure what expectations I should have for these two shows? Any input would be much appreciated. In an case my wife and I are super excited to see how we like Norwegian!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

Since 2015 we cruises twice with Celebrity and three times with NCL.

Aquaclass we did for 14 nights on Equinox, 7 nights (Alaska) on Solstice.

Norwegian, we cruised in spa cabins on Epic and Getaway, also did Sky in those 2 years but that was a "girlie cruise I did without my husband). Sorry I havent been on Escape (*sighs).

BLU - there is nothing to compare. Its a personal space and unless cruising in a suite, you wont get that personal attention which makes BLU so wonderful. You are dining in a fairly small restaurant, but with the same team every night - It is the ONLY feature of Celebrity's aquaclass which makes it worth the extra $$$s.

Le Bistro & Cagneys seem to be the winner on all the ships. Just dont compare it to BLU.

BLU you had breakfast and dinner - Its basically your main dining room. You wont have that direct personal touch in any of the ships restaurants - simply by default.

Norwegian is a totally different experience. For us, for the moment, we prefer Norwegian to Celebrity. Norwegians speciality dining can be pretty awesome - Pre book reservations rather than just "turning up and waiting for a table" -

Try not to look for a "similar" experience - Think of it all as new - and enjoy it :)

Thermal suite passes if you are interested will go on sale for you 90 days prior to sail date. The thermal suites on Norwegian BY FAR out rank the Persian Gardens on Celebrity - I was so disappointed in Celebrity's persian gardens - such a major let down.

Also good to note that on Norwegian every day - not just sea days, you can dine in a main dining room as well as the buffet. "date lunches" can be nice too :) There is so much more choice on NCL. Celebrity have the buffet, or the $10 pay for lunch bistro/sushi bar. It is very limited.

There is also O'sheehans.

You need to not look for "similar" - There is no "BLU". (unless you are in the Haven). Go with an open mind and look for whats best in Norwegian. Its a super line for a family - You can find plenty spaces to enjoy time out with your wife - and your boys will love it -

Have a super family cruise - Norwegian can offer the best of both worlds :)