Vista FTTF earliest check in time

CA_Cruzing

What is the earliest check in time for FTTF on the Vista?

I think around 10 am.

In any event there is a special waiting area for FTTF at Terminal D and we had no problems getting chairs to sit in there, and we got there a little before 11 am.

And from previous Vista cruisers, when is the earliest boarding time from past experience?

Three weeks ago, boarding began at around 11:40 am, and FTTF guests boarded maybe 5 minutes later, right after the Ds and Ps. We were actually roused and heading toward the up-escalator just as the last of the Ds and Ps passed by...like clockwork.

Just the other day I was told by a Carnival rep that it depends on the sailing. We are going on the January 27th sailing of the Vista and have been told 12 is the earliest boarding. I don't know if they were telling me the wrong information or not.

Just the other day I was told by a Carnival rep that it depends on the sailing. We are going on the January 27th sailing of the Vista and have been told 12 is the earliest boarding. I don't know if they were telling me the wrong information or not.

I also noticed that if you are Priority, you get the earliest times to choose from and non Priority has ones typically starting around 11:30-12:00pm.

Yeah we are priority - this will be our 14th Carnival cruise

Check in time and boarding time are 2 different things. You still have to choose a check in time, even if you are priority. But you can go to the earliest check in time with your priority status. However, you may be waiting around a while to board.

I actually called Carnival because of the earliest time for us to check in was 12 noon. Since reaching Platinum we have always had earlier check in times. The person I talked to said that it appeared that was the earliest - I really didn't believe her but I will continue to check the Carnival site.

I also noticed that if you are Priority, you get the earliest times to choose from and non Priority has ones typically starting around 11:30-12:00pm.

As always, CC team on time with solid answers. Thank you!

Nov 4 2017, FTTF, we chose our check in time months ago (many months ago) and have the 11-1130A slot.

Since we also booked FTTF, I was/am inquiring if 11A is the earliest check in time.

We usually board west coast ships (LB) with FTTF around 1130/1145A, so I want to confirm that arriving at the POM terminal around 1045A is a good use of our time.

Sounds like the earliest we'd board is 1130A anyways so I think we're fine with 1045A terminal arrival and board soon thereafter.

As always, CC team on time with solid answers. Thank you!

Nov 4 2017, FTTF, we chose our check in time months ago (many months ago) and have the 11-1130A slot.

Since we also booked FTTF, I was/am inquiring if 11A is the earliest check in time.

We usually board west coast ships (LB) with FTTF around 1130/1145A, so I want to confirm that arriving at the POM terminal around 1045A is a good use of our time.

Sounds like the earliest we'd board is 1130A anyways so I think we're fine with 1045A terminal arrival and board soon thereafter.

Yep, 10:45 am is fine. We got there around that same time -- 10:30 shuttle from our hotel near MIA airport -- and we were whisked right inside with FTTF. PortMiami does a great job with this; better than Port Everglades.

You still need to choose a time if you are Priority or FTTF. If you are, then the earliest times are available to you no matter when you select one.

Or to put it more simply, with FTTF or Priority, you can show up any dang time you like. :D

well that is good to know - so even though my time is 1200 I can show up at 11 and I won't be told to go wait outside in the heat? just checking.

Correct, if boarding has begun, then you'll check in and go directly to the ship. If it hasn't, you'll be allowed to wait inside until boarding begins.

Enjoy!