Carnival Vista questions

beshears

I am thinking of cruising next year. I have cruised on many of Carnival's ships, but not the Vista. I am trying to find a few ship names to get the best offer on from my TA.

If you have been on the Vista within the past year, would you give me YOUR opinion, pro/con of the Vista ship?

We sailed on the Vista in February. We had a nice cruise with a cabin in the Havana area. Loved it. The quiet, the privacy, the ocean views. The rest of the Vista? Not as much. Very crowded. Too crowded. We have decided we liked the Breeze or the Spirit class ships so much better!

We sailed on the Vista on February, too. Except for our Family Harbor cabin, it was not my favorite. I missed the "grandness" of the atrium with the glass elevators. Many of the public areas, like the main theater, had low ceilings compared with other ships. But, if you're looking for a ship with lots of things to do, you'll love the Vista. It just depends on what you're looking for. I'm really glad we sailed on her, I just wouldn't care to do it again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I am thinking of cruising next year. I have cruised on many of Carnival's ships, but not the Vista. I am trying to find a few ship names to get the best offer on from my TA.

If you have been on the Vista within the past year, would you give me YOUR opinion, pro/con of the Vista ship?

Read the reviews.

I sailed the vista in May of 2016 and I am going back this December. I loved the Vista! I thought the atrium was still beautiful and there is so much to do, so many places to eat. The only brewery on a ship. Yes, it's crowded but worth it, in my opinion.

Since you asked, the Vista was our LEAST favorite ship by a long shot (out of ALL the ships from all the cruise lines we've sailed). They added more cabins, thus more pax, thus more crowded. They closed in the atrium (no glass elevators, no pizazz at all), not many windows to view the ocean anywhere to be found (with exception of Lido deck). LINES EVERYWHERE, comedy show entry/hallway was a joke and AWFUL. Changed the theatre to multi purpose room filled with moveable seats on main floor, a big disaster and tons of visual obstructions to seats all over theatre from huge support poles....very very poor design. Would not recommend this ship, nor do we plan to ever sail on the Horizon. CCL got greedy on this one!!

Since you asked, the Vista was our LEAST favorite ship by a long shot (out of ALL the ships from all the cruise lines we've sailed). They added more cabins, thus more pax, thus more crowded. They closed in the atrium (no glass elevators, no pizazz at all), not many windows to view the ocean anywhere to be found (with exception of Lido deck). LINES EVERYWHERE, comedy show entry/hallway was a joke and AWFUL. Changed the theatre to multi purpose room filled with moveable seats on main floor, a big disaster and tons of visual obstructions to seats all over theatre from huge support poles....very very poor design. Would not recommend this ship, nor do we plan to ever sail on the Horizon. CCL got greedy on this one!!

This pretty much sums my thoughts and opinions on the Vista. I didn't like the fact that the Aft pool was not "adults only". I, too, have no desire to sail on the Horizon. Bigger is NOT always better. My favorite class of ships is the Conquest class. I'd like to see Carnival build more ships of this size, with cove balconies, and keep the Aft pools "adults only".

We sailed the Vista from New York last Thanksgiving. We liked it so much that we booked the Horizon as well. Modern. clean, lots of stuff like the ropes course and skyrider, JiJi's Kitchen (try the duck for dinner), double "atrium" with special lighting effects.

Now I stopped sailing Carnival's smaller ships about 10 years ago, maybe a little more, because I thought they were old then. I've sailed the Conquest class ships several times each, so now I'm in my newer bigger ship phase, just came off the Dream, have the Breeze booked, and have sailed NCL's Epic and Breakaway, with the brand new MSC Seaside booked as well.

Edited by evandbob

Thank you "everyone" for your "honest" answers. It looks like it is pro/con for the Vista ship, and I do understand where your coming from. Yes, I am used to the high atrium, and the glass elevators, so to say the least, it would be different, if we cruised this ship. As I said, I am in the thinking mode right now, and I like to cruise different ships. There were 8 of us the cruised the Glory the end of March and we knew they would be renovating it, and wondered, but we never had no problem. In fact, it was a wonderful cruise, and we were so glad we did this itinerary, as it was beautiful, and now, so sad, destroyed by the hurricane.

We sailed the Vista from New York last Thanksgiving. We liked it so much that we booked the Horizon as well. Modern. clean, lots of stuff like the ropes course and skyrider, JiJi's Kitchen (try the duck for dinner), double "atrium" with special lighting effects.

Now I stopped sailing Carnival's smaller ships about 10 years ago, maybe a little more, because I thought they were old then. I've sailed the Conquest class ships several times each, so now I'm in my newer bigger ship phase, just came off the Dream, have the Breeze booked, and have sailed NCL's Epic and Breakaway, with the brand new MSC Seaside booked as well.

It certainly wasn't the 'bigger' ships that we don't like....as a matter of fact, sailing on the Harmony of the Seas in January - now that's a BIG ship, and we love that class. We too, loved the Breeze, are going on the CCL Magic in 2 weeks, so it wasn't the size of the ship that we didn't like. It was those items I listed above, plus we thought the décor was awful and cheap - ceramic brown/white tiles on Vista, colors mixed with this were orange and teal....ugly to us and very plastic and cheap looking as well. The Vista is not much bigger, if at all, than Magic/Breeze etc, just crammed and closed in feeling with more pax capacity from filled in atrium instead of a beautiful atrium with glass elevators and an open floor plan!