Drink packages

I've been reading posts and I've only seen people saying that the Deluxe drink package only has to be purchased by 1 in a stateroom. When I went out to RC site, the price is at $43/day discount price but that both people 21+ in the same stateroom has to purchase. I can probably make this a worthwhile purchase but my wife doesn't drink much at all. It would be nice if I could get this package and wife gets the non-alcoholic package which is substantially cheaper.

Thoughts

Used to be just one person could buy it...but the other cruise lines require ALL folks over 21 to purchase a package if one wants it....(just know that NO ONE needs to buy it at all!)....so RCI follows suit....

If your wife doesn't drink, then it's probably cheaper for both of you to simply "pay as you go"....no sense in paying for 2 of you if only 1 is drinking. You don't need a package to buy anything....you can simply buy drinks as you want them.

I've been reading posts and I've only seen people saying that the Deluxe drink package only has to be purchased by 1 in a stateroom. When I went out to RC site, the price is at $43/day discount price but that both people 21+ in the same stateroom has to purchase. I can probably make this a worthwhile purchase but my wife doesn't drink much at all. It would be nice if I could get this package and wife gets the non-alcoholic package which is substantially cheaper.

Thoughts

Try calling to order, some have reported success getting one Deluxe package and one Refreshment package.

Called them up a bit ago and everything's good good...got the $56/day with 1 Voom device & 1 refreshment package for wife that doesn't drink. Also rebooked an excursion that was previously canceled (said there was new provider).

Couldn't believe how fast it took on phone. Less than 5 minutes!! Thanks Heidi! (one I talked with on phone)

Called them up a bit ago and everything's good good...got the $56/day with 1 Voom device & 1 refreshment package for wife that doesn't drink. Also rebooked an excursion that was previously canceled (said there was new provider).

Couldn't believe how fast it took on phone. Less than 5 minutes!! Thanks Heidi! (one I talked with on phone)

Glad it worked out for you and thanks for reporting back.