Black spots on shorts/pants after aqua show on Oasis.

As others pointed out it´s soot and I´ve experienced it as well. I´ve spotted it before sitting down and avoided any stains on my clothes. I´ve also seen the crew cleaning seats from it. After my first encounter with this I alway took pool towels down to the aqua theater to sit on. Might be a bit of a hassle, but worked like a charme for me.

Fashion gods are punishing you with the spots. Don't you know not to wear white after labor day? :D;p

Lol! Yes I am old enough to know that rule:D........not sure anyone follows it anymore especially in Florida where I just about melted from the humidity :p

Thanks again everyone for all the replies, lesson learned.....take towels to aqua show just in case ;)

Does the soot problem happen only on the "big girl" ships? What about aft cabins on smaller ships like Freedom and Voyager class?

Soot has been reported on all classes of ships from time to time.

We were just off the oasis and frequently saw the crew pressure washing the aqua theater seats. Didn’t really notice the soot problem elsewhere if there was a problem. My in laws had a boardwalk balcony and never complained about it either

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting this thread to pass on this warning to anyone that missed it. I remembered reading about this while I was on the Allure March 4th, so I always covered the chairs in a towel, and the towels always had black spots on them when I got up. I was wearing light coloured sun dresses that I really love and was worried about. If I was wearing dark clothes I would have just sat down.

You can see the spots on the chairs and if you push down hard with your finger it lifts off. If you just brush your hand across the seat it does not. I think it's stuck in the small holes in the fabric. The spots are small, might come out, and maybe some people wouldn't care, but I would think twice about sitting directly on the seats in any light coloured clothing you really like.