Quickie- Pricing for serene area on 12 day Caribbean cruise on the odyssey

Steve007NY

Surprisingly, this is ‘teasy information to find. I vaguely recall that it was something like $200 for the two of us on previous cruise on the sojourn. Can’t seem to find the information on the website or even on these boards.

Anyone with info? I love the sun.My partner Goes from white to lobster in about 20 minutes and loves the serene area. And I’m happy using the steam room etc. before I overdo it outside as well :-)

It's referred to as the thermal pass which has an indoor area that includes heated loungers, a knippe (sp?) pool (hot water on one side and cold water on the other), special saunas and steam rooms along with showers. I believe there is also an outdoor shaded area. The area is directly under the penthouse spa suites. My recollection is the daily rate is about $30 per couple, but if you book it for the entire cruise, I believe it's about $20 per day per couple. That said, they may have increased the price. If you book a spa treatment, you can use this area before and after your treatment.

Pricing varies by voyage length, destination, # of sea vs. port days, etc. But as a benchmark, $200 per couple per week sounds typical. I've seen them selling single (vs. couple) passes as well. It all depends on how desperate they are to get some revenue without potentially crowding the space.

We are currently on the Quest. They initially wanted $300 for the two of us for two weeks - much more than we ever paid before Usually it was $150, even for a 3-week cruise in May 2016. My husband negotiated with (complained to) the spa manager and got it for $200. I go in mainly to look for him, as it’s too cold/windy to use the private open deck, but he reported that there is generally no one else there and we have had a lot of unexpected sea days on this cruise. Linda

Thanks!

NEVER thought about negotiating but now I will. Ours is 12 days with only 3 sea days so sounds not unlikely partner will be only one there some port days. It’s a caribbean itinerary and I know will only be able to drag him to so many beaches and port towns....again.