Our MAGICal B2B with a side of ELATION cruises (with pics) - 10/7/17.

Jamman54

Carnival has invested a chunk of change in developing Mahogany Bay. I remember cruising to Roatan before it was open.

This is the first time I recall seeing two Carnival ships in port at the same time and it sure makes it look crowded! One ship is enough visitors considering many probably take other excursions.

We have always enjoyed ourselves when we hit the beach in Mahogany Bay. The walk over is beautiful and Patti captures it nicely in her pics.

We walk all the way to the end of the beach and get a couple of loungers near the pier and their is a bar right there. The water temperature in January is a bit cool for us Floridians but once in it is OK.

Great review and fabulous pictures!

Susan

Here are a few more water camera views…..

IMG_6798.14-X2.jpg

IMG_6798.18-X2.jpg

There’s Patti…….

IMG_6798.19-X2.jpg

The lifeguard helps me get up the hill…..

IMG_6799-X2.jpg

Patti took a walk over to the snorkel pier to check it out. Here are a few views she took from the snorkel pier…..

IMG_6804-X2.jpg

IMG_6805-X2.jpg

To be continued….

Here are a few more views from the snorkel pier……

IMG_6806-X2.jpg

IMG_6809-X2.jpg

IMG_6807-X2.jpg

IMG_6810-X2.jpg

We were getting hungry, so we summoned John so we could order some more drinks and lunch. Here are the cabana menus…..

IMG_6825-X2.jpg

IMG_6826-X2.jpg

To be continued……

Our lunch has arrived. I had the jalapeno poppers and a buffalo chicken wrap……

IMG_6820-X2.jpg

IMG_6821-X2.jpg

Patti had the chicken tenders and a quesadilla……..

IMG_6822-X2.jpg

IMG_6823-X2.jpg

We both enjoyed our lunches. That done I’m heading back out to sea…..

IMG_6833-X2.jpg

In the distance you can make out the Liberty of the Seas docked over at Coxen Hole…..

IMG_6834-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

It was getting close to 4pm so we decided to head back to the ship. We said goodbye to John and paid our bill. The bill for all our drinks and food today came out to be $177 with tip.

Here are some views as we made our way back to the ship. The line for the Magical Chairs was fairly long se we chose to walk all the way back…..

IMG_6848-X2.jpg

IMG_6850-X2.jpg

IMG_6851-X2.jpg

IMG_6853-X2.jpg

IMG_6775-X2.jpg

IMG_6855-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Here are the last couple of views before we boarded the ship….

IMG_6856-X2.jpg

IMG_6762-X2.jpg

Back at the cabin we found today’s towel creature…..

IMG_6863-X2.jpg

The laundry that Patti sent out yesterday has been returned. We got a couple of cute notes from the laundry team…..

IMG_6864-X2.jpg

IMG_6865-X2.jpg

To be continued……

Carnival has invested a chunk of change in developing Mahogany Bay. I remember cruising to Roatan before it was open.

This is the first time I recall seeing two Carnival ships in port at the same time and it sure makes it look crowded! One ship is enough visitors considering many probably take other excursions.

We have always enjoyed ourselves when we hit the beach in Mahogany Bay. The walk over is beautiful and Patti captures it nicely in her pics.

We walk all the way to the end of the beach and get a couple of loungers near the pier and their is a bar right there. The water temperature in January is a bit cool for us Floridians but once in it is OK.

Great review and fabulous pictures!

Susan

The price you paid for the Cabana what is included, your drinks and food?

Thanks.

Susan

Thanks Susan, for continuing to follow along and for posting your comments and questions. Doing this helps to share more information and details that we might have missed!

With two ships in port I'm sure that if the weather had been nice, the beaches would have been super crowded. I can't imagine how much more brighter and colorful Patti's pictures would have been if the sun had been out!

Some of our CC friends go to the same part of the beach as you do. They love it down there. We saw them as they passed by, and we were allowed to give them a tour of our cabana and the grounds.

What you get with the price of the cabana are the floats and the snacks that I showed you earlier. Drinks and food are at an additional cost. :cool:

Hi Jeff. Finally caught up with Belize and Roatan. I got a chuckle on the Husband Care at the Wet Lizard. LOL I agree with Patti that I would not have eaten the Loboster either. Great photos of both islands.

Hey Barb! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :D

We hung out in the cabin until it was time for dinner. Here are tonight’s menus…..

IMG_6878-X2.jpg

IMG_6879-X2.jpg

IMG_6880-X2.jpg

Patti started off with an order of fried shrimp…..

IMG_6881-X2.jpg

I tried something from the Port of Call menu, the chicken pastelitos…..

IMG_6882-X2.jpg

We both love the cranberry bread…..

IMG_6883-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

We both had the honey roasted ham appetizer…..

IMG_6884-X2.jpg

For my main I had the braised short rib……

IMG_6886-X2.jpg

Patti had the meat lasagna for her main……

IMG_6887-X2.jpg

This is tonight’s dessert menu……

IMG_6888-X2.jpg

I had the strawberry cheesecake…..

IMG_6891-X2.jpg

Patti had the chocolate panna cotta…..

IMG_6894-X2.jpg

After dinner Patti went to shop for a little bit and check out our pictures. I played blackjack for a few hours and lost a little bit. We were both back in the cabin by midnight.

Coming up next: A Costa Maya washout!

Here are some more pictures of the invasion……

IMG_5608.1-XL.jpg

IMG_5607.9-XL.jpg

IMG_5608.3-XL.jpg

I got my burrito then made my way over to the Red Frog Rum Bar to get a Thirsty Frog Red. This is the breakfast of champions!!!

IMG_5608.4-XL.jpg

After I ate, I made my way up to the Cloud 9 Spa for the rest of the morning. Ahhhhhh!!! So now I turn it back over to Patti as she explores Costa Maya. Enjoy!!! Here are a couple of Atrium views as she prepares to leave the ship…..

IMG_5609-XL.jpg

IMG_5610-XL.jpg

To be continued……

with that burrito and frog breakfast, you are my kinda man :-) hahaha

Day # 13 - Costa Maya ( 7am to 2pm ) - 10/19/17.

We were up just before 7am, just as the Carnival Magic was docking at Costa Maya. Looking outside we could see that it was cloudy and raining outside. Here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_6899.1-X2.jpg

IMG_6899.2-X2.jpg

IMG_6899.3-X2.jpg

As I mentioned earlier in the review, we had planned on doing an AI at Barefoot Beach this week, but because with the short port stop it didn’t seem worth it, we cancelled. It’s a good thing we did as it would rain all day long.

Patti and I went up to the Lido Marketplace for breakfast. I made up my mind that I would not be leaving the ship in the rain, and headed over to the Red Frog Rum Bar. Patti wanted to get off the ship for a while, so she went back to grab her poncho before heading out. At the cabin she found today’s towel creature…..

IMG_6900-X2.jpg

Leaving the cabin she bumped into our great room stewards Jay and Ida…..

IMG_6903-X2.jpg

Patti has left the ship. Here are the Magic and the Liberty of the Seas docked in Costa Maya…..

IMG_6913-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

Patti walked around in the rain for a while, and stopped at the Dolphin Discovery where some people were still swimming with the dolphins…..

IMG_6906-X2.jpg

IMG_6907-X2.jpg

IMG_6908-X2.jpg

Patti only stayed out a little longer before heading back to the ship…..

IMG_6914-X2.jpg

IMG_6915-X2.jpg

IMG_6916-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

These guys are playing in the rain……

IMG_6918-X2.jpg

The Magic and Liberty of the Seas docked in Costa Maya…….

IMG_6917-X2.jpg

IMG_6920-X2.jpg

Once Patti got back on board we spent the afternoon at the Cloud 9 Spa. I enjoyed my time in the Thalassotherapy Pool looking up at the skylight with the rain pouring down on it! We went back to the cabin to get ready for dinner tonight at Cucina del Capitano…..

IMG_6921-X2.jpg

Here are the menus……

IMG_6923-X2.jpg

IMG_6924-X2.jpg

To be continued……

We both had Nonna’s meatballs for our appetizer……

IMG_6925-X2.jpg

We also shared an order of cheeseballs…….

IMG_6926-X2.jpg

For our mains, we both ordered the chicken parm……..

IMG_6929-X2.jpg

Patti also had the eggplant…..

IMG_6928-X2.jpg

We were entertained by the wait staff. They couldn’t sing a lick! Lol…..

IMG_6935-X2.jpg

We both ordered the apple something or other……

IMG_6947-X2.jpg

We enjoyed the meal. It’s not the best Italian food we’ve had by far, but we still feel it’s worth the $15 per person upcharge.

Afterwards, Patti went to play the slots for a while and won about $50. Go Patti! I went to see Ron Feingold at the Comedy Club, and then played blackjack for a few hours losing a little bit. Boo Jeff! We were both back in the cabin by midnight.

Coming up next: Our last day on the Magic!

Jeff, you are right about the singers at La Cucina. But they were so enthusiastic, the whole room joined in. I never knew the lyrics, "When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie or piece of pie?" Didn't matter, that's Amore!

So you got multiple apps there?

I'm disappointed that they eliminated the 'good' Italian desserts.

Hoping we find things we like on the new menu next week.

Jeff, you are right about the singers at La Cucina. But they were so enthusiastic, the whole room joined in. I never knew the lyrics, "When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie or piece of pie?" Didn't matter, that's Amore!

So you got multiple apps there?

I'm disappointed that they eliminated the 'good' Italian desserts.

Hoping we find things we like on the new menu next week.

We were able to get two appetizers no problem. It was still a good meal even with the bad singing and the loss of the good desserts. Enjoy your B2B. :D

Day # 14 - Our Final Sea Day on the Magic - 10/20/17.

We woke up around 8 am. After two days of clouds and rain the sun is finally shining. The seas are a little choppy so the ship is rocking a little bit. It’s hard to believe that we have been aboard the Magic for 14 days. I can barely remember boarding the ship for the first time. Anyway, here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_6948.1-X2.jpg

IMG_6948.2-X2.jpg

IMG_6948.3-X2.jpg

Around 10am Patti decided to head up to the Lido Marketplace to get something to eat. I wasn’t hungry, so I grabbed the camera and made my way to the Ocean Plaza. The great thing about the Dream Class ships is the Lanai and the ability to walk around the entire ship outside. I’m going to take that walk now, and invite you to come along. We’ll exit the Ocean Plaza on the starboard side and out onto the Lanai……

IMG_6948-X2.jpg

We will turn left and head forward towards the bridge…..

IMG_6949-X2.jpg

IMG_6950-X2.jpg

To be continued……..