Our MAGICal B2B with a side of ELATION cruises (with pics) - 10/7/17.

Jamman54

The Smoked Oysters were good. I would have passed on the dark lobster as well. We will miss the Steakhouse when we cruise on the Paradise in April. Wish we had tried the chef's creation for desert. Still miss the cheesecake though.

Hey Guys! We are looking forward to our cruise on the Paradise. Mr. Sancho's here we come!!! :D

I have been enjoying your review and the pics (of course, I always enjoy your reviews!). Especially so because I know you are getting closer to the Elation segment!

We cruise on Elation December 11th. Months ago I noticed you had started an Elation roll call and I was so excited because I knew you would be writing one of your epic reviews!![emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Kim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey KIm! Getting closer and closer to the Elation review. Hang in there, i'm sure I will have it all done before you leave! :cool:

Day # 12 - Isla Roatan ( 9am to 6pm ) - 10/18/17.

We were up at 7:30am. The seas were very calm, but it was cloudy outside. The forecast for today was cloudy with occasional showers. Not the best news since today we have a beach cabana at Mahogany Beach. Anyway, here are today’s Fun Times…….

IMG_6626.1-X2.jpg

IMG_6626.2-X2.jpg

IMG_6626.3-X2.jpg

This was our view out the window as the Carnival Magic approached Isla Roatan…..

IMG_6627-X2.jpg

We both decided to skip breakfast this morning. A little before 9:30am we stepped off of the ship…….

IMG_6628-X2.jpg

As soon as we got off the skies opened up and it started pouring. We were able to stay dry by staying close to the side of the ship. Ten minutes or so later the rains let up and we began our trek over to Mahogany Beach.

Those that have rented beach cabanas have unlimited free rides on the Magical Flying Beach Chairs, which is a ski lift that takes you from Mahogany Bay over to Mahogany Beach. With numerous starts and stops, it takes about 15 minutes to complete the journey. Just as we got to the end, the skies opened up again and it poured really hard. We were completely soaked by the time we found the cabana people and were given our cabana……

IMG_6651-X2.jpg

To be continued……

We were given the “Banana” cabana, and in case you were wondering, the cost was $260 for up to four people……

IMG_6642-X2.jpg

We were introduced to our server, John, who would do an awesome job today getting our drinks and food. Here is the inside of our cabana. It’s funny that the inside of the “Banana” cabana would be painted Pepto-Bismol pink! Lol…..

IMG_6629-X2.jpg

IMG_6635-X2.jpg

Here are the included snacks. Not even close to those provided with the cabanas at Half Moon Cay…..

IMG_6633-X2.jpg

IMG_6632-X2.jpg

IMG_6634-X2.jpg

To be continued……

The cabana came with a safe, television, and had wi-fi access if you wanted. The cabana could be locked if you were going to leave the area…..

IMG_6630-X2.jpg

IMG_6631-X2.jpg

These floats were also included with the cabana……

IMG_6648-X2.jpg

Patti models our cabana wrist bands………

IMG_6647-X2.jpg

John came back quickly with a drink for Patti and a bucket of beer for me…..

IMG_6646-X2.jpg

IMG_6644-X2.jpg

To be continued……

This was our view from the front deck of our cabana……

IMG_6650-X2.jpg

Our hammock and loungers, which were closer to the water…….

IMG_6652-X2.jpg

Here is another view of our cabana which shows our shower…..

IMG_6662-X2.jpg

Speaking of showers, the rain had stopped again so we could venture from our deck. Here’s a view of the Carnival Magic and the Carnival Dream docked at Mahogany Bay……

IMG_6659-X2.jpg

This was our private cabana beach. Security does a pretty good job of keeping people from trying to use the loungers and hammocks……

IMG_6660-X2.jpg

They also have a Grand Cabana, but it remained empty today…..

IMG_6657-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Patti catches me floating around…….

IMG_6654-X2.jpg

IMG_6661-X2.jpg

Let me tell you a little about the beach and water by the cabanas. Once you enter the water you have about three feet before you are in over your head. If you swim out another twenty feet or so, the water will get shallow enough to stand up. When you stand up you will be standing on seaweed and mud, not soft sand. It’s pretty yucky I have to say. This is thewalkway / pier out to the snorkeling area…..

IMG_6658-X2.jpg

Patti decided that since the rain had stopped for now, she would go out on her photo taking tour of the area. These are the restrooms that were directly behind our cabana…..

IMG_6663-X2.jpg

This is The Hideaway…..

IMG_6665-X2.jpg

IMG_6669-X2.jpg

To be continued……

Mahogany Bay is one of our favorites in Roatan. Years ago it used to be Tambayana Beach, but since we can walk right to Mahogany and the snorkeling off the end of the dock is pretty good.

We have met some great fellow cruisers while hanging out at the beach at Mahogany Bay.

Susan

Here are some more Flying Beach Chair views with the Carnival Dream in the background……

IMG_6724-X2.jpg

IMG_6725-X2.jpg

Patti’s reaching the end of the line……

IMG_6726-X2.jpg

The Magical Flying Chairs ticket booth…..

IMG_6730-X2.jpg

The Mahogany Beach sign…..

IMG_6732-X2.jpg

Fat Tuesday…….

IMG_6743-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

This is the pathway back to Mahogany Beach…..

IMG_6773-X2.jpg

IMG_6774-X2.jpg

The Magical Flying Beach Chairs are above……

IMG_6776-X2.jpg

This is some of the equipment that is available for rent…..

IMG_6777-X2.jpg

Here are the equipment rental rates…..

IMG_6781-X2.jpg

Here are the beach rules……

IMG_6784-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Here is the massage hut and rates…….

IMG_6789-X2.jpg

IMG_6790-X2.jpg

Patti has made it back to the cabana beach. Here are a few more views…..

IMG_6794-X2.jpg

IMG_6793-X2.jpg

I’m still out there floating around…….

IMG_6797-X2.jpg

Here’s another view of the snorkel pier…..

IMG_6796-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

Would that be a beer hidden in there? Also, I may have missed it but is the Dessert Art included in the dinner cost ?

IMG_6797-X2.jpg

You have very good eyes my friend! :D Actually, there's another one on the other side. I take three with me when I go out. Two in the raft and one in my hand. :beer-mug:

The Art at the Table is included in the Steakhouse cost. :cool: