Trip three weeks away! Best place on Eagle beach with facilities and food

Wishinonacruz

I've searched the thread for days researching for our first visit to Aruba. Our ship will be in port on Nov 20 2017 from 8 am to 6 pm. We would like to do a little shopping, visit the museum, spend a little time on the beach and go to the butterfly farm. I've narrowed it down to Eagle beach, I think, but where on Eagle beach? I need to be close to a bathroom and perhaps food. My mobility is ok, but not great. It looks like anywhere on Eagle beach it's a walk to the water, so that's a drawback. I like Arashi beach because the water is close, but it's more of a drive, and are there bathrooms and food there?

There is a building on Arashi that has a bathroom and a snack bar. The walk from the beach to the water is closer at Arashi than at Eagle. There is also a bathroom with a snack bar on Eagle Beach, across from Chalet Suisse Restaurant. You might also want to look at Reflextions Beach Club, which is near the downtown. The beach there is smaller, and they have a restaurant, bar, loungers, and umbrellas. They also have a very small pool. Some people don't care for it because it is close to the airport, with planes coming and going. I enjoy that. The water there is very calm. Eagle and Arashi often have waves.

Thank you soo much. You addressed my conserns so well. I had looked at Reflextions as an option, but wasn't sure if anyone could go there, or if there was a fee. I like the idea of it being a at a restaurant. I don't want to swim, but I will want to walk along the water and wade in it a bit. I was concerned about big waves. Can you tell me more about Reflextions? Is there an entrance charge? How exclusive is it? I'm a larger person. Are normal people there or only beautiful beach people? LOL I assume there is a fee to rent chairs and umbrellas?

There are few "big waves" at Aruba....of course, depends on the weather! It's a pretty calm weather island....very flat, so few storms, rain or anything to annoy you!

"Normal" people are the NORM! Do NOT worry about your body....you are in the majority!

There are few "big waves" at Aruba....of course, depends on the weather! It's a pretty calm weather island....very flat, so few storms, rain or anything to annoy you!

"Normal" people are the NORM! Do NOT worry about your body....you are in the majority!

I spend 2 -3 weeks in Aruba every year. Trust me, the waves on Eagle can get pretty rough sometimes. One day the waves are big, the next day the water is flat. You never know what you are going to get. As far as rain goes, although most days are sunny and dry with a possible passing shower, Aruba does get big thunderstorms, like the one they just had last Sunday, that flooded many of the roads and some businesses.

Thank you soo much. You addressed my conserns so well. I had looked at Reflextions as an option, but wasn't sure if anyone could go there, or if there was a fee. I like the idea of it being a at a restaurant. I don't want to swim, but I will want to walk along the water and wade in it a bit. I was concerned about big waves. Can you tell me more about Reflextions? Is there an entrance charge? How exclusive is it? I'm a larger person. Are normal people there or only beautiful beach people? LOL I assume there is a fee to rent chairs and umbrellas?

I don't think that there is an entrance fee. Anyone can go, not only the beautiful people. I'm sure that there will be all shapes and sizes. There is a rental fee for chairs and umbrellas, but from what I hear, it isn't much. Go and have fun.

I'm excited for this transit through the Panama Canal. I've never been out if the US other than a cruise port in Victoria Canada. That hardly counts. Lol This is all very new to me. It's been a dream of mine for a long time. Now that it's two weeks away I'm getting really nervous not knowing what to expect, so I really appreciate your kind help.

I'm excited for this transit through the Panama Canal. I've never been out if the US other than a cruise port in Victoria Canada. That hardly counts. Lol This is all very new to me. It's been a dream of mine for a long time. Now that it's two weeks away I'm getting really nervous not knowing what to expect, so I really appreciate your kind help.

You will love it! I hope that you have a blast! What ship are you going on?