Best way to get from Port Everglades to Port of Miami

STANCPA44

I will be on the Allure sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, my next cruise will be on the Navigator of the Sea sailing out of Miami. Would it be sensible to rely on Uber for transportation between the two ports?

The only other way is by taxi or by taxi to the FLL airport and taking a shuttle to Port of Miami.

Is there any other low-cost way?

UberX (suitable for 2-3 plus bags) should be about $35 for the car. Taxi will be about $70-75; taxi to FLL (about $15) and then shared shuttle service to POM ($15 per person) does not offer any savings and provides lots of hassle.

Uber or Lyft is the obvious choice - enjoy both of your cruises! :cool:

I have posted this before - hope it helps. You are on RCCL both ships. We've done this on Celebrity many times. We do a Silhouette 7 night out of Port Everglades then the 14 night Eclipse out of POM. Even though they are different ships out of different ports, your booking docs (if using a TA ask for the "Guest Copy" of the document) should show you as a B2B. When we arrive on the Silhouette (maybe not the 1st crazy day) we go to Guest Relations with that booking document, or at least have your booking numbers to show the other cruise. Celebrity arranges the transfer for free. We just get off the Silhouette & there is a bus waiting to take us to the POM for the Eclipse. Since RCCL owns Celebrity, I have to believe they provide the same. You might want to call RCCL ahead of time to confirm but we've done it for years & again next February.

I have posted this before - hope it helps. You are on RCCL both ships. We've done this on Celebrity many times. We do a Silhouette 7 night out of Port Everglades then the 14 night Eclipse out of POM. Even though they are different ships out of different ports, your booking docs (if using a TA ask for the "Guest Copy" of the document) should show you as a B2B. When we arrive on the Silhouette (maybe not the 1st crazy day) we go to Guest Relations with that booking document, or at least have your booking numbers to show the other cruise. Celebrity arranges the transfer for free. We just get off the Silhouette & there is a bus waiting to take us to the POM for the Eclipse. Since RCCL owns Celebrity, I have to believe they provide the same. You might want to call RCCL ahead of time to confirm but we've done it for years & again next February.

This is a revelation, I just emailed RCL to find out about this policy. Since they will email me back, I would like to get it in writing if they do provide free transportation. By telephone, you may or may not receive the correct info.

Thank you for this info and to the others that have responded. I will post the email from RCL when I do receive it. Probably in a few weeks.

Just a caution - I have had corporate tell me they did not know anything about this the 1st time I called, but make sure you have either your booking numbers or documents & there should be no problem. If you get an email back from RCCL that says 'no', call & ask. When you get the right answer, then just ask for an email confirmation. Really we've done this at least 5 times.

Good luck!!

• 2 months later...

Emailed RCL twice, never replied, called they said no. However, on the ship, they said that they will transfer us. So they did. At no cost to us. First the bus went to the Miami airport, dropping the people off, took us and another person to the Navigator.

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I need a transfer from Fort Lauderdale port to a Miami hotel. Are there any companies that do this transfer or will I have to take a taxi? if so are there plenty available/ Do not suggest Uber because that just isn't feasible.

Welcome to the boards! :D

You can take a taxi from PE to downtown Miami hotels for about $70+ You could take a $15+ taxi from PE to FLL and from there catch a shared shuttle to your downtown hotel -- check with SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport - with fares starting at about $15 per person. Private transfers from Larry's Limos and South Florida Limo are another expensive option (about $100+).

Why is Uber not feasible? :confused: If a dinosaur like me can figure it out - I have just about given up on taxis in the US - you can do it too. ;)

Thank you for the quick response. Sadly technology terrifies me, I have looked at the Uber app but the reviews didn't fill me with confidence and would an app on a "English" phone work in Florida??

My English friends used it while visiting last fall, and I've used Uber while in London. As long as you have data you should be okay.

Watch a couple of YouTube videos and then ask one of your kids, or grandchildren, to help you download and set up the app. I would also download the competing Lyft app -- same business model, just a different company that appears to be smaller but better managed. Saving $35 off of the estimated taxi fare to Miami should motivate you! ;)