“Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again“

whystayhome

We are currently on the Quest, stuck in St. John, New Brunswick, because of high seas and high winds in the North Atlantic. People are very disappointed because so many of us were looking forward to spending Halloween in Salem, Massachusetts. Bar Harbor was cancelled as well because the pilots closed the port because of high seas. We also missed Cap Aux Meules a few days ago because of the high winds.

Plan B: We were supposed to tie up for two nights in Boston instead, and the Quest was going to run free shuttles to Salem, but that’s looking really unlikely as the Captain decided late yesterday to spend the night in St. John. Looking out my balcony, it seems unlikely we will be leaving St. John in 10 minutes as was announced last night - the dock is deserted. If you’ve been in St. John, you know it’s not a port you want to get extra time in, especially with a forecast of heavy rain and high winds.

On the bright side, food is fantastic, staff are delightful, and Cruise Director Robert and his team are trying hard to keep us amused. And, I suppose we’ll get to Charleston and Miami eventually. Linda

I was on the same cruise last year. We missed Bar Harbor due to some pretty grim weather and had to stay out at sea bobbing around in the storm. We also missed Salem.

We did go to Boston just for one day as an alternate, and they did run shuttles over to Salem. It was my first visit to Boston so I was more than happy to look around and skip Salem.

It was great to finally get some heat in Charleston!

Funny, this cruise had cold weather, storms, missed ports and some very whiny guests onboard, but it turned out to be one of my SB favourites.

Hope all goes to plan for you from here on!