Sailing from Baltimore questions

Jota62

We've sailed out of Baltimore a few times. The Pride is a wonderful Spirit class vessel----oldish but well maintained. We've parked at the terminal, stayed at a motel which transported us to the ship and back (cost about the same as parking at the dock) and last time we got a suite and brought our granddaughter. If you'd care to see a little about life on the Pride, just click on our "Cruise album" below. If you want to see a larger picture---click on it. Have a great cruise!

CRUISE ALBUM

Thanks for sharing your photos. Your granddaughter is lovely and she will remember this trip for the rest of her life. You are wonderful grandparents!

The wife and I are looking for a Journey cruise or B2B out of Baltimore or New York/New Jersey next year. If I had my druthers it would start in Florida or some place sunny, but my wife's mother and half brother live in New York. It looks like you folks like the Carnival Pride, so it must have an energy we'll enjoy.

I highly recommend the Journey cruises rather than a B2B - with the Journey cruises you'll get different menus, entertainment, throwback sea day and no mid-trip return to Baltimore (more time in those sunny places).

I have sailed out of Baltimore twice, and my third time will be next month. I LOVE the pride. The layout is easy to navigate. For me, as you are saying about the drive, i live in Delaware, so the port is just over an hour away from me, but it sure beats paying additional airfare. Baltimore has also been the easiest embarkation port. The 2 times i've cruised out of Baltimore, it was maybe 30-40 minutes from the time i was dropped off and on the ship. The longest past was going through security. That's just my experience. As for excursions, it really depends on what you're looking to do, as someone in this thread mentioned before. I personally enjoy the nice relaxing ones......the one i did last year was to Balmora (sp?) Island in Nassau......it's a private area, basically a beach day and there are some shops and places to grab a bite to eat for lunch. Whatever you decide, you are going to have a great time! I can't wait to be on the Pride for the 3rd time!! It can't come fast enough! Have an awesome cruise!!!

I have a question about a feb 11 cruise from Baltimore, I have always cruised from sc,fla, or tx. Last year the fog in Galveston soured me on planes and hotels. Bmore is only 20 min. Away but when will the weather be good or is the top closed so that pool and hot tub can be used

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a question about a feb 11 cruise from Baltimore, I have always cruised from sc,fla, or tx. Last year the fog in Galveston soured me on planes and hotels. Bmore is only 20 min. Away but when will the weather be good or is the top closed so that pool and hot tub can be used

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes the roof is closed usually till about Florida area. The weather is usually getting nicer by South Carolina area

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have sailed from Baltimore many times. It is our favorite departure port; very smooth boarding, very pleasant personnel.

I would like to add to the discussion the possibility of considering the other Baltimore ship, RC Grandeur of the Seas. She has many different itineraries and lengths of cruises; Caribbean, Bermuda, Canada/New England, as well as Bahamas.