Best transportation pre/post cruise next weekend and what to do to pass time?

bitsey66

Flying in on the 11th (our hotel is still accepting our group...so far. We are all arriving at different times from all over the US). We're booked at the Marriot OSJ.

Our flight home on the 19th isn't until 6 pm.

We need transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to cruise port, cruise port to airport. Are taxi's our best bet? What would the approximate cost be for 2 of us?

We arrive at 5 pm on the 11th. Will we be able to find some dinner or should we plan to eat at the airport before going to the hotel?

On our return, our flight doesn't leave until 6 pm. Any suggestions what we can do to pass time until about 3pm? What do we do with our luggage?

This is our 6th cruise but This cruise is entirely new territory for us as neither of us has been to San Juan and every port is new to us! I appreciate any advice or ideas :)

You need to double check your hotel situation by contacting the hotel directly. Many people have not been notified when their hotel reservations were cancelled.

There's no Marriott hotel I'm aware of that goes by the name "Marriott Old San Juan". If you mean the Sheraton Old San Juan by all reports they have been cancelling reservations extending into January.

Use taxis between the airport and hotel. They charge on a zone system and you should be advised of the cost by the dispatcher at the airport. Generally under $25 to most places in San Juan.

It's hard to predict what restaurants may be open in San Juan. Many are closed.

You need to double check your hotel situation by contacting the hotel directly. Many people have not been notified when their hotel reservations were cancelled.

There's no Marriott hotel I'm aware of that goes by the name "Marriott Old San Juan".

The hotel actually called our TA (who is also part of our traveling group) to see if we are still coming in and assured him they would still be welcoming us.

As far as the hotel name, you never heard of it because, dummy me, screwed up LOL :rolleyes: Its Hyatt Place/San Juan City CenterHH yyatt

Avenida Fernandez Juncos 580

San Juan, Puerto RicoPlace San Juan/City Center