Kangaroo Island

We have a four day break booked on Pacific Jewel to Kangaroo Island in a couple of weeks.

I know it is always more expensive to book shore excursions via the ship, but safer to do so to not get left behind.

We were looking for some sort of lunch and winery tour but can’t see any offered by P&O.

Does anyone know of any local operators that we can trust to get us back on time? Or if there are any vineyards close enough to the port that we could make our own way to?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a four day break booked on Pacific Jewel to Kangaroo Island in a couple of weeks.

I know it is always more expensive to book shore excursions via the ship, but safer to do so to not get left behind.

We were looking for some sort of lunch and winery tour but can’t see any offered by P&O.

Does anyone know of any local operators that we can trust to get us back on time? Or if there are any vineyards close enough to the port that we could make our own way to?

ent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, there is a winery close to Pennashaw, which you could drive to in a hire car. It is on the way to the closest lighthouse and there is a fabulous cafe, with 180o views next to the lighthouse. En route you could visit one of the most beautiful beaches on KI. Would be a lovely day out indeed. You could google the winery. You would need to book the hire car in advance.

I haven't seen any winery tours advertised on KI.

Yes, there is a winery close to Pennashaw, which you could drive to in a hire car. It is on the way to the closest lighthouse and there is a fabulous cafe, with 180o views next to the lighthouse. En route you could visit one of the most beautiful beaches on KI. Would be a lovely day out indeed. You could google the winery. You would need to book the hire car in advance.

I haven't seen any winery tours advertised on KI.

there's already a thread on Kangaroo Island

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2559425

As for winery tours - I would 'guess' that there is no single tour that would take you to several of them - best to contact the winery directly.

Thank you both for your help. We have decided to do one of the ship tours. It goes to both the lighthouse and the winery. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums