Photo package worth it??

sjudis

Hi all! Maybe someone can help me. We are sailing on the Oasis on 11/12 and I am considering buying a photo package. We are 4 in my room but there are 12 of us in total. If I buy one pkg. is it only pics with me in them or any one or more of the four in my room?

We want to make sure to get some pics with all 12 of us on one $$$

Package

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oasis uses "face matching" for pictures. We were on Oasis 3 weeks ago. We ended up buying the CD for 6 pictures. It was a nightmare. We ended up missing pictures we knew that they'd taken as they'd put hard copies in our folder. We ended up with pictures of people that weren't us (guessing someone has pictures of us). We were not happy. I won't do it again.

Also the CD has pictures of you and anyone on your account. So, we were a family of 11 in 3 cabins. My wife, myself, and my grandson were in one cabin. My grandson was on my son's account. Pictures of him were on my son's CD. So if all 4 of you are on one account then all the pics SHOULD be on one CD. But if you are on separate accounts (credit cards) then CD's will have only pics of those on the account. Of course, as I said, who knows whose pictures will be on your CD? :)

Here's what I would do. Make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you give your SeaPass to the photographer EVERY TIME you have a picture taken. That will increase the odds you will find that picture. Secondly, check your photos both in your folder and in the viewer frequently. If you know there are pictures missing, let them know. We felt that the photo people were just not "up to par" compared to many other cruises. Not sure if it'll be like that for you, but unless it's a big savings, I wouldn't prepay for any CD, but would look at what they've done as the cruise progresses and decide.

I also agree the CD is hit and miss. I usually only buy it if there is a large group going. On one cruise we had a lot of photos of our group, on the next one, not as many. I would also wait until you are on board to see what is in your portfolio.

I agree to always give your seapass to photographer as this works well.

Also check your photos regularly to make sure they are all there. I did this to pick up candid photos taken of the family on flowrider and other events.

As long as there as someone from you cabin in each photo of the larger group, you can add it to your photo package.

Instead of dodging the photographers, take all opportunities for photos. We got over 300 photos on our last cruise and another family we met got about 700 pics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Here's what I would do. Make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you give your SeaPass to the photographer EVERY TIME you have a picture taken. That will increase the odds you will find that picture. Secondly, check your photos both in your folder and in the viewer frequently. If you know there are pictures missing, let them know. We felt that the photo people were just not "up to par" compared to many other cruises. Not sure if it'll be like that for you, but unless it's a big savings, I wouldn't prepay for any CD, but would look at what they've done as the cruise progresses and decide.

Agree with most this but would stress that you don't leave it up to photo team to find your photos. By regularly checking your folder you can remove randoms and add those candid shots that can tell a great story.

Use all these tips to supplement your package and use your own cameras and get others in your group to take photos of those staged shots with the backdrops etc.

I've used the photo packages three times and have been very happy each time. I purchase them individually and any pics of my roommate also show up. For one cruise, I was with a group of about 30 people (and I think I may have been one of maybe three cabins with a photo package) and we did pose for some group shots - and those photos made it onto my USB drive as well (not sure if they were supposed to, but we were all thrilled about that!). One of the times they called me to let me know that the package I bought had gotten much cheaper and they processed a refund for my pre-cruise pricing and re-sold the package to me at the significantly lower price. I have always been pleased with the customer service on board the ship as it relates to photos.

I concur with jumping in front of every camera they have, and making sure they have your sea pass card or key in your room number for every photo, and also with checking your photos frequently to make sure they are all appearing in your account. You can jump in front of the cameras without a package and then decide later if you love one or two enough to buy them (they are counting on that!)

It was pretty funny with my roommate situation though - the photographers presumed we were a couple (far from the truth - but I"m glad they don't have anything against same sex couples) and would sometimes pose us in typical "couples in love" photo poses. We thought it was hilarious and went with it for a few of the photos. I've got some awesome shots with my best friend that make me laugh every time I see them.

Is the package worth it? That's up to you. I've found value in it the few times I've decided to purchase it, but I go out of my way to get a LOT of photos with a variety of backgrounds, even when I'm not dressed up.

We used it on oasis for four of us (kids under 21 included) and loved it. We ended up with over 100 good quality and fun pictures. You really can't beat the price compared to getting family photos done professionally.

Just make sure you don't wait till the last night to get your pictures as they get very busy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The photos included are for only for the people in your cabin. And if you have minor children in other cabins they are also included. However for children in other cabins you have to let the photo gallery know to combine them. As long as one of those people are in the photo they are included in the package. Others would have to pay for thier own package.

• 7 months later...
Agree with most this but would stress that you don't leave it up to photo team to find your photos. By regularly checking your folder you can remove randoms and add those candid shots that can tell a great story.

Use all these tips to supplement your package and use your own cameras and get others in your group to take photos of those staged shots with the backdrops etc.

so is this onboard on line or TV or what? We haven't cruised since 2007 and things are way different.

Thanks

On Board, use Terminal by photo shop...

Nope. The on-board photographers on not really professional photographers and the results can be very good or bad. It's just the luck of the draw. You are better off to take your own pictures and try for a picture or two on formal nights. Good luck.

so is this onboard on line or TV or what? We haven't cruised since 2007 and things are way different.

Thanks

The only place to view the pics is on the touch screen terminals at the photo shop. You can search by date and event/activity for any pics that you know were taken but don't show up in your folder.

Nope. The on-board photographers on not really professional photographers and the results can be very good or bad. It's just the luck of the draw. You are better off to take your own pictures and try for a picture or two on formal nights. Good luck.

Don't disagree that you should take your own pics but we found great value in the phot package.

I have seen better photos than those taken by the ship photographers but they are taking those photos for a living.... At least while on the cruise!

• 2 months later...

We were very happy with the photos. I think we had just over 150 prints and the CD. We checked the kiosk plus I also knew ones that we had taken and they were happy to print ones missing from folder. We also did the picture this- the black and white photos and let me tell you, they were phenomenal. Andrie kept offering us different packages and yes we bought one since we were celebrating our 25th anniversary, probably won’t do it again because it is very expensive but nice for our celebration. You get to know the photographers plus not having to make the choice of which picture we like better to purchase was very nice, we got them all in the package.