Platinum/Elite Disembarkation

pamwinn

Thanks, we haven't cruised with another couple in a long time. We are usually among the last to be called because we don't fly out the day we disembark. We spend some time wandering around the ship looking at all the special cabins while the doors are open and make our way to the lounge fairly late so hopefully by that time, there will be some space. I've never been there when it was full or even very crowded. I tend to take a nap during that time for some reason.:D

I'm surprised they wouldn't let you take one or two others with you -- I've never seen more than a sprinkling of people in there. For us, about the only reason this is much of a 'perk' is because you're likely to be able to sit while you wait, rather than standing up. Other than that...waiting's waiting, for me.

Sorry, I totally disagree. If you allow one person in there why not, two, three or more? Where does it end? 'Well they have a couple with them in there so can I bring this couple in, too?' The purpose of the lounge is for certain levels and if you break the rules for this for this benefit then why not for all the other benefits? I would only agree with this if the people were in your cabin such as family. Happy Cruising!

They are not in my cabin but they are family. I am not trying to make an issue of this, just seeking info from those who have experience with it.

Pam, it is not an issue with me. I only posted my opinion. You will get many answers to this. Both pro and con. Happy Cruising!

When we are waiting to disembark in whatever lounge Princess has designated for Platinum/Elite passengers to gather in, what about the other couple in our party? Are they allowed to wait with us even thought they are first time cruisers?

Before we were platinum members, we were allowed to go into the lounge with our daughter and SIL....they were platinum members. They just told the lady that we were traveling with them, and no problem whatsoever.

IMHO, it is far more fun to sit out in the open and watch all the people. I started out sitting in the Plat/Elite lounge and it was so boring in there that I got up and moved to where I could see everything. The lounge was about half full. I found a great seat right outside of the Explorer's lounge where I could see all the passengers disembark. They did have someone checking cruise cards to allow people in. On the Sapphire it was in the Club Fusion. I know that they do allow two people sharing the same room but not sure if others are admitted.

When travelling with others who were not platinum, as we are, they have always been able to use the platinum check-in and embark with us as well as use the platinum lounge upon disembarkation. The platinum lounge has never been full and we prefer the quiet atmosphere before heading into the crowd.

Archived