Grand Cayman Shore Excurisons

fitcruisecouple

We will be in Grand Cayman on December 13 via Brilliance of the Seas. We are a family of four with two kids 13/10. Wondering if anyone has done the Turtle Encounter & Island Tour? We've done the stingray stuff and plenty of snorkeling so we were looking for something different. I've seen mixed reviews on the Turtle excursion so not sure if it's worth checking out. Are there any other recommended excursions? Anything outside of what RCI offers?

Are you talking about the Turtle Farm? If so, the bus will take you there...no excursion needed. And, you'll get to see some of the island on the trip there!

Yes - so hop a bus or taxi? Is it worth it though? I've seen mixed reviews. The Website says you swim in a salt lagoon with turtles but some of the reviews say it was actually a dirty cement pond lol. Not sure what to believe.

I presently work at Cayman Turtle Centre. You can read thousands of traveler reviews on that attraction's listing on Cruise Critic's sister website, TripAdvisor, at:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1006573-d2173510-Reviews-Cayman_Turtle_Centre_Island_Wildlife_Encounter-West_Bay_Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Isla.html

The shore excursion Turtle Encounter & Island Tour that Royal Caribbean offers on your ship is a comfortable way to enjoy the attraction, with pre-arranged bus transportation to the site and then later on, back to the cruise terminal so it's a "no-worries" way for you and your family to experience this feature that is so unique to Cayman.

• 3 weeks later...

My family and I went to the turtle farm a couple years ago and LOVED it. I know everybody will have their own opinion and experience. You can snorkel with the turtles, they have a fresh water pool with slide to just enjoy and you can get in the turtle holds and hold the small turtles for some great picture opportunities. We had a blast. At the time, my kids were about 10 and 7.