Fare viewer

mirglip69

The Fare viewer page works for me without issues.

Where I have been having a lot of trouble lately is the site that provides gift card balances. Half the time, I get a system error and a message to call support.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You made a payment on the fare viewer site? I nearly always take posts at face value, but find that statement incredible.

The post said is anyone having issues with the Carnival site, it said nothing about fare viewer site. I replied that I made a payment which was done on the Carnival site. So I'm note sure why you find that so incredible.

The title of the thread is "Fare viewer."

Again..

My apologies. The initial post ask if anyone was having issue with the Carnival site. So I replied based on that information. Sorry if that caused issue for anyone.

But I'm sure that doesn't matter to you. Sounds like you just like to point out when people are incorrect in their information.

My apologies. The initial post ask if anyone was having issue with the Carnival site. So I replied based on that information. Sorry if that caused issue for anyone.

Apology accepted. The fare viewer site hasn't worked for many of us for a couple of weeks. There is another thread on the issue. If you're not familiar with it, it used to be an easy way to check prices after booking, but never offered an option to make payments.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and happy sailing.

The Carnival IT Department is working on Fare Viewer and has not informed corporate when they expect it to be back up per my phone conversation with them this afternoon. I suggested that long term coding projects that require the page to be inaccessible for over three weeks come with more than the usual " Oops, something is wrong" message. At the least a date when the page will again be accessible would be helpful.

Again..

But I'm sure that doesn't matter to you. Sounds like you just like to point out when people are incorrect in their information.

Yea, there are some on this and pretty much all blogs that prefer to correct misspellings or punctuation instead of accepting the information and going on. Must be a lot of teachers on CC. And there is absolutely no need to apologize as you answered the question and not the heading. Had the OP put fare finder in the post there wouldn't be a long list of "posting police" writing useless information.

Have had this same issue for weeks myself, and I wondered if it was just me. The info from sanmarcosman seems most likely the issue. And with this being a useful tool for the consumer to check fare prices, I would imagine there is little to no priority by Carnival to get this working anytime soon.

The Carnival IT Department is working on Fare Viewer and has not informed corporate when they expect it to be back up per my phone conversation with them this afternoon. I suggested that long term coding projects that require the page to be inaccessible for over three weeks come with more than the usual " Oops, something is wrong" message. At the least a date when the page will again be accessible would be helpful.

I would agree the priority to get it fixed is very low. Add in the fact the IT department is now overseas and out of the shadows of Corporate doesn't help either.

I called over a week ago to the IT number and got the standard "We are aware of it and working on it"!

The Fare viewer page works for me without issues.

I have the fare viewer pages for my upcoming cruises bookmarked and have been accessing them without issues for a while.

After reading these posts, I tried again by going to the main page and sure enough - same error as everyone's reporting.

Apparently the pages have been cached in my browser and I've been wasting my time checking these prices on stale pages for weeks! Duhh!! [emoji15]

I have the fare viewer pages for my upcoming cruises bookmarked and have been accessing them without issues for a while.

After reading these posts, I tried again by going to the main page and sure enough - same error as everyone's reporting.

Apparently the pages have been cached in my browser and I've been wasting my time checking these prices on stale pages for weeks! Duhh!! [emoji15]

That's a shame and an unacceptable consequence of the failure to address this issue sooner than later by Carnival's overseas independent contractors.

Well that's a bummer. Probably though you haven't wasted much more time than those of us who, after entering all the information, repeatedly get the error message.