Port Canaveral & Budget Car Rental

dog

We are renting a car at the Orlando airport, staying at the Cape Canaveral Radisson, returning the car to the Cape Canaveral Budget Rental office...so I'm wondering if Budget offers a ride to the ship...the Glory?

Anyone know? Thanks, J.

They did when we cruise last year. We stayed at the Radisson once but booked the Hampton Inn just down A1A 2 miles the 2nd time. We had a room on the 8th floor with great view of the beach on both sides. Less expensive and less crowded especially on cruise day. They also offer free continental breakfast, have a nice pool and have a nice pathway to the beach. Enjoy the Glory...the best food we have had on any cruise so far.

Teresa

We stayed at Radisson 1 year ago and rented a car from Avis before going on the Disney Wonder. Avis was much further than Budget, but their shuttle dropped my husband off back at the hotel.

Budget was the closest car rental to Radisson maybe 2 blocks or so. I would suggest you just drop car off in the morning and walk back to the hotel. Then take the complimentary shuttle from Radisson to the port. This way you only need to load luggage once.

Sara

We have done it both ways and I would never take the shuttle from the Radisson again. It was a mess. People were shoving, pushing and yelling, even with scheduled shuttle times. Our friends just took a cab for about $10/inc tip because the hotel is so close to the port. The 2nd time we went straight to Budget and were the first ones at the port. I recommend loading the luggage into the Budget rental car, drop off the rental and take their complimentary shuttle to the ship. We were the only people on the shuttle. Just our personal experience and opinion.

Teresa

Teresa,

Thanks, that is what I was hoping for. I thought Budget had a shuttle to the ship but couldn't remember. ( It's been so long since I made my arrangements and then I am working on 3 cruises at the time ).

What about picking up a car from Budget on our return? We have one booked so I'm assuming we call them when we get off the ship and they'll pick us up. Hope so.

Sorry for the late response...but as long as you have a car reserved, they should have it ready for you. Of course, double check when you drop the car off the beginning of the week. Budget were so friendly when we were there. Have a great time on the Glory!!!! One of our favorite ships!!

Teresa

We just did this last month. We stayed in Orlando, rented a car at the airport there and dropped it off in Port Canaveral. The shuttle then took us straight to the pier, and it was indeed very close.

On the way back, we arrived in the port moved to where the shuttle vans were and sure enough in about 10 minutes a Budget Van arrived to take us back to the office. We didn't even have to call them.

Have a great time J! What a great time to be going to Cocoa Beach and going on a cruise...expecially the Glory! I grew up there in the 60's and just yesterday I received 8 Christmas letters from former classmates who still live around there. I can't wait to go back, hopefully next year for a reunion. Have a great cruise!

Teresa

Archived