Suggestions for Dinner in Miami

cruise freak

We are staying at the Intercontinental and my kids are staying at the Hyatt and we want to eat at a nice restaurant for dinner the night before the cruise. We leave on this coming Saturday so I would like to make reservations if at all possible. We have one person that is a vegetarian so we must take that into consideration. She does eat seafood though.

Thanks

We are staying at the Intercontinental and my kids are staying at the Hyatt and we want to eat at a nice restaurant for dinner the night before the cruise. We leave on this coming Saturday so I would like to make reservations if at all possible. We have one person that is a vegetarian so we must take that into consideration. She does eat seafood though.

Thanks

We ate a small restaurant in South beach a few years ago..can't remember the name of it though.It was across from the guy that built the great sand castles.Wide selection of items on the menu.

Maybe some of the other cruisies can help out here????

Ask this same question on this board and you will get many replies from the pros in Miami - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185

We ate at Bubba Gumps at Bayside Marketplace - around $50+ for 2 with one drink each. It was delish, but maybe not really a "nice" restaurant for what you want.

As for post cruise we stayed at the Sofitel in Miami and their menu is extensive and high -priced - but food there is also fabulous with a high class setting, with high class prices ($14 for 8 pieces of chicken wings at the bar, $10 for Caesar salad, $17 for lobster pita with fries, $5 for yogurt and our pot of coffee that we had for room-service this morning was a little over $12 with tax and automatic 19% gratuity -plus we gave the girl an extra $2!!! (afterall, that is what our roomservice tip was every morning this past week for our coffee and fruit) :)

They have beautiful dining room, and a great dinner menu with prices from around $15-$45 or so. I have a copy of menu if you would like to know what they have. Also the BEST Mojito I have ever had!!!

Do check out the link above - you will find a TON of information on Miami restaurants

Go to the website for Bayside Market and you will find a complete listing of all the restaurants there. It is close to the Intercontinental. South Beach will take you approx. 20 minutes, so unless you really want to spend time there, I would skip it and stay at Bayside. Some very nice restaurants for all different tastes.

Thanks everyone. I have been looking at Bubba Gump's and have looked at the website for Bayside.

I appreciate all of the information.

There are WAY too many good places to eat in Miami to do the Bubba Gump thing....

Even if you want to stick with Bayside - look for one of the Cuban places... get something you won't find everyplace else. If nothing else, find a real cuban sandwich....yum. (Is it time for lunch?)

If you have a car, or are willing to take a cab, locals like

Versailles Restaurant

3555 SW Eighth St

Miami, FL 33135-4196 view_map_yellow.gif

(305) 444-0240

Or for some conch chowder and fritters and maybe some stone crab I like

Monty's Raw Bar

300 Alton Rd

Miami Beach, FL 33139-8982 view_map_yellow.gif

(305) 672-1148

or for a real 'event' you could try Joe's Stone crab...but be prepared to a) wait and b) pay {altho they do have takeout}

Joe's Stone Crab Restaurant is the most famous restaurant, don't take reservations, but you can get there right when it opens and get in.

Prime 112 in South Beach is real trendy and expensive if that's what you're looking for.

Really FUN, should that be important, is to go to Ocean Drive on South Beach and just walk up and down that area from about 5th Street up to 12th Street and eat at one of the outdoor restaurants. Great people watching. They all have good food, and you can go casual. Enjoy

Ditto on Monty's over Joes for stone crab.

The very best restaurant in Miami is Azul in the Mandarin Oriental.

What is your price range?

My favorite upscale Miami restaurants are in Miami Beach.

Rumi - South Beach

Pacific Time - South Beach

Wish - South Beach

The Forge (my absolute favorite) - Mid Beach

Skip Bayside if you can. Mid range mediocre chain restaurants.

Hi Just go to Bayside marketplace's website- there are several restaurants there- we at at Chili's and had a fabulous meal- We stayed at The Radisson which was very nice! I would suggest getting a cab back to ur hotel- the metro mover was out of service when we were there last week so we decided to walk back. It was dark and a lot of "street people" made us feel uncomfortable. We walked around Bayside and looked at all the menus- we were quite impressed with the selection. We always eat at the Bubba Gumps in NYC, so we decided to try something different. It a nice shopping mall and a good place to pick up things u may have forgotten!

Hi Just go to Bayside marketplace's website- there are several restaurants there- we at at Chili's and had a fabulous meal- We stayed at The Radisson which was very nice! I would suggest getting a cab back to ur hotel- the metro mover was out of service when we were there last week so we decided to walk back. It was dark and a lot of "street people" made us feel uncomfortable. We walked around Bayside and looked at all the menus- we were quite impressed with the selection. We always eat at the Bubba Gumps in NYC, so we decided to try something different. It a nice shopping mall and a good place to pick up things u may have forgotten!

We are staying at the Intercontinental and my kids are staying at the Hyatt and we want to eat at a nice restaurant for dinner the night before the cruise. We leave on this coming Saturday so I would like to make reservations if at all possible.

Emeril's http://www.emerils.com/restaurants/miamibeach_emerils/it may be too late for reservations but if you can get in it will be an experience you'll never forget. ;)

When I suggested it to my husband he said he wanted to try "Bubba Gump" for shrimp. He doesn't want to do such a major dinner before cruising as we are going out to a fancy place tonight for my daughters birthday and tomorrow we leave and tomorrow night we are in Miami. Thanks and maybe we can go there another time.

I will be in Miami Jan. 6 pre-cruise and thinking about driving over to Versailles, for those that have been is this a nice choice for dinner? How long should I expect to wait on a Saturday night? Do they take reservations? Thanks.

I will be in Miami Jan. 6 pre-cruise and thinking about driving over to Versailles, for those that have been is this a nice choice for dinner? How long should I expect to wait on a Saturday night? Do they take reservations? Thanks.

Versailles is an excellent Cuban restaurant. Huge portions, moderate prices. If your driving be forewarned, their parking lot is very small and finding a spot nearby will be time consuming. It's probaly easier to take a cab. While it's quite crowded every night they flip tables fast enough to accomodate everyone in a timely manner. Do not expect privacy or intimacy the tables are packed next to each other and it gets loud.

No reservations unless your party is greater then 12. Arrive before 7pm you will have little or no wait. Arrive between 8-9pm could be 45 minutes to an hour. After 9 bring a snack you'll be waiting awhile.

I love Mojito's and they're absolutely the best here. ;)

Archived