Thoughts On Regal

janetz

Just off the Regal Sunday and wanted to post a couple of thoughts.

We booked two massages online and I printed the reservation and took it with us. After, they tried to charge us the rate they had listed which was 40.00 more for one of them. I showed them my print out and the price was honored.

I would bring a print out of anything you reserve ahead.

The stone loungers in the Enclave were heated..:) For our 10 day cruise the price was 199 each.

We had anytime dining and service was very slow after 6:30.

Forgotten coffee and tea with desert...

Food is subjective, but for us the MDR on the Regal was not as good as on the Royal

Drilling on the top deck started at 7am, until just after 9am, then on and off during the last 3 days.

The last evening they started changing the cabin access for medallion I believe

We went up to our cabin at 11:15pm to find we could not get in.

We were not warned ahead of time which was very annoying.

We had a good cruise but it was the first with a few glitches. :)

The DR's always seem to bog down after 6:30 PM. We sometimes forget dessert until latter in the evening & return when it's gets quieter.

To bad that the Regal food has slipped a bit. It's always been comparable to the Royal which in our opinion offers some of the best food in the fleet.

Yes, of course all of it is subjective depending on what you expect from a cruise.

With that said, with all the great reviews we were excited to sail the Regal.

We had a great time but as stated a few things happened.

When we could not get into our cabin I went down to guest services and DH stayed in the hall by our cabin to see if someone would come by.

I waited no less then 30 minutes in line, when DH came down to tell me a cabin steward had unlocked the door. The card is no longer inserted, you scan it. They had activated my card, but not his which is the one we used.

Here again, no communication about this at all before hand from anyone.

We had a better experience on the Royal which is the sister ship to the Regal.

Funny, thinking about it, we sailed the Oasis before the sister ship Allure and felt the same way. :D

Funny, thinking about it, we sailed the Oasis before the sister ship Allure and felt the same way. :D

We also had a good time on the Regal but overall we have had better experiences on the Royal. I can't explain it but for us the vibe is better. It has been consistent too, with 34 days for the Regal and 80 days on the Royal in the last 12 months. Looking forward to going back to the Royal on 25 Nov for B2B.

We were on the same Regal Cruise (with no complaints) but wanted to comment about being locked out of the cabin. During the 10 day cruise both DW and my cruise card stopped working (they were demagnetized) and we had to get a replacement from Guest Relations (this takes a minute). This has happened to us on other cruises (Princess and other lines) and is likely caused by the presence of electronic devices such as cell phones, Kindles, etc. We did see the contractors working on Medallion related things but never noticed anyone working on the cabin locks.

We ate Anytime after 7:30 and thought service was near perfect. Slow is a matter of personal preference as some of us like to dine...rather then treat the MDR as a fast food restaurant. For those that prefer really fast MDR service (on any line) we suggest sitting at a 2-top and telling the waiter (at first meeting) that you are in a hurry and would prefer to have very fast service. You will likely be out of there in under and hour...while some of us prefer a nice 2 hour dining experience. We actually did this on the same Regal cruise when there was one night we dined a bit late (after 8) and wanted to be out of the MDR by 9:15 for a scheduled event. We simply told our waiter and we were done in about an hour.

Hank

Interesting comments.

The new access they put on our cabin door scans the card. You do not insert it as before.

We did have a few nights going to the MDR at 6;30 when I service was fine. Slow to me is 2+ hours. :)

Interesting comments.

The new access they put on our cabin door scans the card. You do not insert it as before.

We did have a few nights going to the MDR at 6;30 when I service was fine. Slow to me is 2+ hours. :)

Just wondering how you finally got into your cabin?

Hank

Thanks for sharing. We were underwhelmed with the dining room experience on the Regal too but the buffet was good enough that we dined there most days. We will be on the Regal next month and will give the ADR another try, but I'm glad we have good alternatives if it doesn't live up to expectations again.

Thanks for sharing. We were underwhelmed with the dining room experience on the Regal too but the buffet was good enough that we dined there most days. We will be on the Regal next month and will give the ADR another try, but I'm glad we have good alternatives if it doesn't live up to expectations again.

I was on the 10.14 cruise with Norris and can say the Anytime Dining in the Concerto DR was good with efficient service.

But one evening we showed up at 9:30pm as we understood that this dining room served dinner until 10pm but was informed that night it closed at 9:30, so we got seated but were rushed through dinner.

I tried one Curtis Stone and that was tasty as well. We did a Wine Makers and that was excellent.

However we did notice a decline in food selections toward the end of the cruise. One night we did dinner in the Horizon Buffet and was not delicious.

Ron

Yes, of course all of it is subjective depending on what you expect from a cruise.

With that said, with all the great reviews we were excited to sail the Regal.

We had a great time but as stated a few things happened.

When we could not get into our cabin I went down to guest services and DH stayed in the hall by our cabin to see if someone would come by.

I waited no less then 30 minutes in line, when DH came down to tell me a cabin steward had unlocked the door. The card is no longer inserted, you scan it. They had activated my card, but not his which is the one we used.

Here again, no communication about this at all before hand from anyone.

We were on the Majestic in April and we scanned our cards to get into the cabin. However we were told on that we could not punch a hole in the card (for a lanyard) because it would interfere with the technology built into the card. We are going to be on the Regal next month and I am wondering if that will also be the case. Did you hear anyone mention anything about restricting hole punching in your or anyone else's cards?

We were on the Majestic in April and we scanned our cards to get into the cabin. However we were told on that we could not punch a hole in the card (for a lanyard) because it would interfere with the technology built into the card. We are going to be on the Regal next month and I am wondering if that will also be the case. Did you hear anyone mention anything about restricting hole punching in your or anyone else's cards?

It's very likely since they are getting ready for the Medallion.

They must have changed the cards to include a chip for the people who didn't want the Medallions.

I'm surprised they weren't told where on the card it was OK to punch it since the chip is only located on one small section of the card.

I

However we did notice a decline in food selections toward the end of the cruise. One night we did dinner in the Horizon Buffet and was not delicious.

Ron

We got off the Regal last Sunday and as far as fixed MDR goes the only different was less selects then last year. Also we never saw our head waiter. The horizon court was normally great but no steamed rice, as they had other types of rice.

We got off the Regal last Sunday and as far as fixed MDR goes the only different was less selects then last year. Also we never saw our head waiter. The horizon court was normally great but no steamed rice, as they had other types of rice.

The 8th night of the cruise we were joined by a couple who had previously been in the Fixed Late Sitting. They said their waiters were awful, the Maitre d was never to be seen and they finally got fed-up and decided to go to Open Seating (in a different MDR). They were quite happy in Open Sitting and had all of our dinners in the Concerto Dining Room, where the Maitre'ds and all the staff were wonderful.

Hank

The 8th night of the cruise we were joined by a couple who had previously been in the Fixed Late Sitting. They said their waiters were awful, the Maitre d was never to be seen and they finally got fed-up and decided to go to Open Seating (in a different MDR). They were quite happy in Open Sitting and had all of our dinners in the Concerto Dining Room, where the Maitre'ds and all the staff were wonderful.

Hank

We made the fixed MDR for 6 nights before we gave up. At first we thought we were spoiled because we are usually club class due to our favorite 2 off cabin but we realized the food selections were less (same for everybody) and the service and hospitality was below par.

Just off the Regal Sunday and wanted to post a couple of thoughts.

We booked two massages online and I printed the reservation and took it with us. After, they tried to charge us the rate they had listed which was 40.00 more for one of them. I showed them my print out and the price was honored.

I would bring a print out of anything you reserve ahead.

The stone loungers in the Enclave were heated..:) For our 10 day cruise the price was 199 each.

We had anytime dining and service was very slow after 6:30.

Forgotten coffee and tea with desert...

Food is subjective, but for us the MDR on the Regal was not as good as on the Royal

Drilling on the top deck started at 7am, until just after 9am, then on and off during the last 3 days.

The last evening they started changing the cabin access for medallion I believe

We went up to our cabin at 11:15pm to find we could not get in.

We were not warned ahead of time which was very annoying.

We had a good cruise but it was the first with a few glitches. :)

We were also on the same cruise, loved it and had a great time.

Our three grandchildren had a wonderful time

38215834246_98d31a03b2_z.jpgTheir First Cruise DSC_2221 by Howard , on Flickr

38215834176_f11dd23559_z.jpgThree of the best_2263 by Howard , on Flickr

26494195699_e1300c8b9f_z.jpgGetting the parted started_2235 by Howard , on Flickr

We had no complaints about the food. Our table for eight had excellent service and we ate at 5:45PM

Howard