Sand fleas

rendal

I think the fleas and how one feels about them are far more personal.. which means I don't think anyone can tell you if they are worse in one place than another.. there are too many variables. Sure, people can tell you they were not bothered on a particular day but that has little or no bearing on how you are going to feel about them.

I know people who have been on West Bay Beach with friends, three of the five get eaten alive with two of the five having nasty pus filled wells and the third only having small red spots that itch like mad.. then they get home and the fourth of the five can not stop scratching, didn't notice on holiday but boy when she got home.... to may variables.

I recommend taking and applying religiously a repellent that works with your body chemistry.

If ever there was a reason to be very careful it is this -> https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2537311

They are seasonal... so one day can be flea-free, another day can be horrible.

They live in wet areas, like around docks, in wooden structures, etc.

We don't think DEET works well for them, plus it kills the coral and fish if you swim after applying it...so we prefer Cactus Juice, a natural product that you can buy online. It smells great, and doesn't burn the skin like DEET does to me. Plus it isn't harmful to the ocean life.

Check it out.... available from their website and also now on Amazon I think.

robin

Thanks Everyone! I did read about the cactus juice and I paid an extra 20 to have one rushed here as we are leaving Friday!! But I’m also bringing deet! I sure wish I didn’t have to worry about these but I have had some severe reactions. At the time I never saw anything until days later!! No see uns!!!

They are seasonal... so one day can be flea-free, another day can be horrible.

They live in wet areas, like around docks, in wooden structures, etc.

We don't think DEET works well for them, plus it kills the coral and fish if you swim after applying it...so we prefer Cactus Juice, a natural product that you can buy online. It smells great, and doesn't burn the skin like DEET does to me. Plus it isn't harmful to the ocean life.

Check it out.... available from their website and also now on Amazon I think.

robin