Early saver/Price Portection help

babyh200

Hello,

I was hoping some advice please. We booked our 6th cruise with Carnival a few weeks ago, the ship is the Carnival Sunshine and we will be sailing next August. For the first time, we decided to give the early saver option a try.

I have read some other threads regarding price protection but can't seem to find the answer to my query.

I have been checking back regularly to look if the price has reduced and a couple of days ago it did.

We are a family of six (2 adults and 4 children) and booked one inside cabin and one porthole cabin. We had completed each booking seperately so filled out 2 x claim forms.

The first one was accepted and on board credit applied but the second one was rejected.

The price breakdown was this:

Passenger 1 - $779 to this - $749

Passenger 2 - $779 $749

Passenger 3 - $669 $669

Passenger 4 - $479 $479 * port charges remain the same

So my question is this, has the claim been rejected because all 4 prices have not dropped? After studying previous threads I have discovered they will refuse if for example 'Passenger 3': was $670 because one of the passengers was at a higher rate than originally purchased. All of the port charges are the same.

If this is the case should we have booked 3 cabins because it is much harder to find reductions for quad cabins. I was not sure if we could do this because my oldest children will only be 14 and 12 when we sail. I have also since realised that the portholes will probably sell out and there will be nothing to proce match again in respect of the porthole cabin!!

My husband tried to ring Carnival but the UK office said we would need to ring the US

Thanks in advance for any assistance, the early saver is a learning curve.

Mandy

Thank you for your replies.

Herbaltees I have resubmiited it and it has been rejected again but I didnt put anything about the rate code. Is the code: Early Saver rate? Thank you!

mdsgu I would much rather speak to a human but I was worried about the cost of ringing from the UK.