Hub App - - Like It / Love It ? - - Suggestions for Feedback / Improvement

angela12345

We just got off a cruise on Sunday, my second time being on a ship that had the free* Carnival Hub App. I am seriously impressed with the improvements that they have already made to the app. Several of the suggestions I made in the "feedback" section on my last cruise have already been implemented !!!

If you open the hub app, in the dropdown, you can choose Feedback near the bottom. This is an opportunity for you to give suggestions and also tell what you like/dislike about the app. I made notes this time and have a lot more suggestions to make, but would like to know other's ideas and what things I may not have thought of. Have you filled out the feedback ? What suggestions did you make or would you make for the Hub App ?

Here are the (abbreviated versions of the) questions that are asked in the Feedback section ...

1. how likely you would recommend (1-10)

2. your overall opinion (7 options from excellent-extremely poor)

3. how often did you use (4 options from less than once-more than 10 times per day)

4. did you use chat (no, only my group, also people met onboard)

5. what did you like about app (open box for answer)

6. what did you dislike about app (open box for answer)

7. performance of app versus your expectations (5 options from much better-much worse)

8. how to best describe app (5 options from extremely new and different-not at all new and different)

9. what price would you say is fair for chat feature* (open box for answer)

10. is app easy (5 options from extremely easy-extremely difficult)

11. how accurate was timing for events/activities (6 options from extremely accurate-extremely inaccurate)

12. please share your opinions (all open boxes for answers) . . .

-- one positive surprise was

-- one negative surprise was

-- the easiest thing about using the app was

-- the most difficult thing about using the app was

13. this app is (made for: everyone, people like me, tech-savvy people, young people)

14. is there a feature you would like to recommend adding to app

* Hub App is free to use. If you want to activate the Chat/texting feature of the hub app, it is currently $5 per person which covers the entire length of the cruise.

I made the following suggestions, enable the app to be saved to your device for viewing after the cruise. It would be good advertising for Carnival when you share your cruise experience with others. Also provide the ability to save photos and notes to the app for scheduled events.

I think it would be great if the app was useful before the cruise - for example: show you your upcoming bookings, see itinerary details, verify OBC, allow you to purchase excursions, etc.

On board, it should also let you know when your room is being serviced.

I also had the idea for viewing the app after the cruise, for ordering room service from the app, and for using the app before the cruise. All Great ideas. :)

I had not thought of knowing when your room is being serviced, but that really would have come in handy on our most recent cruise. Would have saved us the walk back to the cabin several times, when we could have waited a little longer for them to be done before we headed that way. Great idea !! Please keep the ideas coming.

JMAE, what do you mean by "Also provide the ability to save photos and notes to the app for scheduled events." ? Will you give me some examples ?

I am getting my notes typed up and will get them posted soon (I hope). I had typed them up once then accidentally lost them. UGH! I have a list of 18 ideas. :o :eek:

Sure say the ice carving demonstration is day 2 at 1pm you take a few photos and embed them into the app. When home you want to show your friends you open the app go to the event and there is your photos.

Oh yeh, that would be cool. And soooo much easier than scrolling thru the bazillions of photos trying to find the right one.

Did anyone have delayed response from the app. Specifically the chat features?

Yes ,quite a few times. Heald made the comment that ships internet service will never be the same as land based services. Think about it .

Did anyone have delayed response from the app. Specifically the chat features?

I have only been on 2 cruises where it was available so far. First one definitely had problems, this one was hit & miss. Most of the time I could chat in real time more or less, but sometimes there would be a delay in chat relay. Rarely the whole app seemed to go very slow and I would just close out the app altogether (double tap home button & swipe off on iphone), and it would be fine when re-opened.

FYI: on iphone, settings can be adjusted so you receive notifications just like a text or whatever. All of the choices are under Settings>Carnival Hub (near bottom). If you're on a ship with digital photo recognition, you have to allow Photos & Camera to set that up within the app. I think you can change the alert sound & vibration in Sounds but I don't remember which category of sound the app alerts fall under.

I would like the ability to set a reminder for spa appointments, or even meals.

That's another good one that is similar to one on my list. My idea was to have the ability to Add my own personal activity and "heart" it (I was thinking I would have used it to add our group's activities so I wouldn't forget time like if we had a group Slot Pull). Great idea for using it to add a reminder for spa appts or meal reservations. (y)

I didn't think of it that way before, but it could also be used for excursion reminders.

Edited by angela12345

This is not really a hub app enhancement, but one of the things I suggested is the $5 chat feature should be complementary for Gold level and higher VIFP cruisers. As I am not a drinker I never use the coupons so the only two perks I get is the stupid pin and a bottle of water.

It would also be great if the app had a way to tell you whether you are walking towards Foward or Aft of the ship.

(Can't tell you how many times we turned the wrong way out the stairs and walked the opposite direction we intended to go. Gosh!)

*Commentaries such as the one while sailing through the panama canal should be featured on the Hub.

*Room service ordering, especially for ships without an ordering system on the TV. Bonus if it notifies you when your order is on its way up so you can order from outside

*Notification when a child signs themselves into/ out of camp ? Although Im not sure how this would be done and I think Id rather not have people trackers. Im still unsure about that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

It sounds like Carnival is trying to improve the app experience. Hopefully some of these suggestions get back to them. Room service and live deck plans would be amazing. The "you are here" on the deck plan would help so much. Along with a little indicator of you room location so you know your heading in the right direction.

I think it would be great if the app was useful before the cruise - for example: show you your upcoming bookings, see itinerary details, verify OBC, allow you to purchase excursions, etc.

On board, it should also let you know when your room is being serviced.

Exactly! It’s not very useful before, but it SO could be! I agree with all these pre-cruise app suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums