Birthday celebration?

Sea and Me

Our granddaughter will be celebrating her birthday when we are on our cruise. I know there is a package you can buy, but I was wondering does the ship decorate the cabin door?? On other cruise lines they do decorate cabin doors for special occasions. Anyone celebrate a special occasion on board?? If so what about decorations??

Thank you for your responses. Have a good day:)

You can buy decorations for the cabin from the Fun Shops, but they don’t include door decorations. The only other thing they will do is sing happy birthday to her at dinner and give her a little cake. But you have to make sure that you note, in your booking, that you are celebrating her birthday and what date it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our granddaughter will be celebrating her birthday when we are on our cruise. I know there is a package you can buy, but I was wondering does the ship decorate the cabin door?? On other cruise lines they do decorate cabin doors for special occasions. Anyone celebrate a special occasion on board?? If so what about decorations??

You are also able to bring your own decorations onboard for the door/cabin. I have done that for graduation celebrations as the Fun Shops do not offer that as a choice. The cabin stewards were even kind enough to let me in early to decorate the room before she got in there. (It was before we were platinum and before FTTF.) I brought everything I needed, tape included. It turned out cute and she loved it.

You are also able to bring your own decorations onboard for the door/cabin. I have done that for graduation celebrations as the Fun Shops do not offer that as a choice. The cabin stewards were even kind enough to let me in early to decorate the room before she got in there. (It was before we were platinum and before FTTF.) I brought everything I needed, tape included. It turned out cute and she loved it.

You just have to make sure your decorations are fire retardant. My sister had our room decorated from the Fun Shops for our 25th anniversary back in August and it was wonderful!

No they don't.

You just have to make sure your decorations are fire retardant. My sister had our room decorated from the Fun Shops for our 25th anniversary back in August and it was wonderful!

I had not heard that... No one checked them or mentioned anything to me about that. I purchased most of the stuff I brought from Dollar Tree. I am not sure if they were compliant or not.