Good place to stay near Orlando International Airport

Buckeye Greese

I never stay in Orlando ,the traffic on port day is terrible coming out of Orlando. It's heavy and slow moment even on non port days. I recommend Homewood Suites in PC ,as it will be the newest hotel closest to port. Shuttles you to and from the port. Comfort Inn and Suites has hurricane damage and is under repairs.

Landing at 10p I wouldn't even consider making the drive to the beach. There are any number of quality and inexpensive hotels near the airport that will be a short ride away. You can book them on any of the standard websites. Then, in the morning after a decent night's rest, one of several shuttles will pick you up right at the hotel and take you to the pier. Traffic really wasn't any kind of problem when we executed this plan in April. Our R/T shuttle ticket returned us directly to MCO at the end of the cruise.

I also recommend you go to the FLA departures board where this thread will likely be moved shortly! Everythng you want to know is there.

It's pricey, but I have to recommend the Hyatt at MCO. You literally walk off the plane, check-in and can go straight to your room. The hotel will get your luggage from the carousel. I've never had a problem with traffic to the port the next day. They offer car service to the port as well. Not cheap again, but so worth it, IMO. (especially with kid(s).

It's pricey, but I have to recommend the Hyatt at MCO. You literally walk off the plane, check-in and can go straight to your room. The hotel will get your luggage from the carousel. I've never had a problem with traffic to the port the next day. They offer car service to the port as well. Not cheap again, but so worth it, IMO. (especially with kid(s).

I'm glad to hear you say this. I've been thinking about doing this. The Hyatt looks to be so convenient. I don't like hassles at vacation time. How do you arrange for the Hyatt to retrieve your luggage and deliver it to your room, and does that cost extra? How did you arrange for car service to the port thru them and what did that cost? Thanks!

I will also recommend the Hyatt at MCO for convenience. We had a room with a little balcony overlooking the atrium. There are many airport services outside of security, which gives you access to eating places, coffee bars, and shops if you have time to kill. The hotel also has a couple of restaurants. There is a lovely outdoor pool, but, being at the airport, you may hear some planes taking off and landing!

The hotel staff arranged a private car to take us to the port. It was easy - there was a woman at a desk near the check-in counter. We then arranged with the driver to pick us up after the cruise and return us to the airport. We were very pleased with the service. I can't remember the price - naturally it was more than a shuttle bus, and it is about a 45 minute drive. Off the top of my head, I would say around $80 - $100 with tip, but it was several years ago so I don't fully trust my memory. It was private - just us - and the pick-up times were at our choosing. We enjoy a little luxury on our cruises! And remember, by staying at the airport hotel, you won't have any transportation cost from the airport to the hotel.

We did not use the luggage retrieval service, so I can't help you with that.

We would definitely stay at this hotel if we ever sail out of Port Canaveral again.

I will also recommend the Hyatt at MCO for convenience. We had a room with a little balcony overlooking the atrium. There are many airport services outside of security, which gives you access to eating places, coffee bars, and shops if you have time to kill. The hotel also has a couple of restaurants. There is a lovely outdoor pool, but, being at the airport, you may hear some planes taking off and landing!

The hotel staff arranged a private car to take us to the port. It was easy - there was a woman at a desk near the check-in counter. We then arranged with the driver to pick us up after the cruise and return us to the airport. We were very pleased with the service. I can't remember the price - naturally it was more than a shuttle bus, and it is about a 45 minute drive. Off the top of my head, I would say around $80 - $100 with tip, but it was several years ago so I don't fully trust my memory. It was private - just us - and the pick-up times were at our choosing. We enjoy a little luxury on our cruises! And remember, by staying at the airport hotel, you won't have any transportation cost from the airport to the hotel.

We did not use the luggage retrieval service, so I can't help you with that.

We would definitely stay at this hotel if we ever sail out of Port Canaveral again.

Thanks, Joanne. I appreciate the details you shared, and I hope you or others can fill in the blanks.

I can't tell for sure from your post whether there are security barriers between arriving from a flight and entering the hotel. Can you clarify that? Thanks.

I believe she means you can get to many rest' and stores (like a disney store and Universal store ....) even tho you are 'outside' of security ....

I agree this is a good recommendation ..... I'm a local .....

Yes, that's what I meant. After checking in to the hotel, you can return to restaurants and shops in the airport because they are outside of security. There are no security barriers of any type between where you exit your plane and enter hotel property.

To follow up on luggage retrieval, just notify the front desk agent upon checking in, and make sure you have your name on your luggage. They will send a runner downstairs to deliver your bags to your room. It’s so easy and convenient. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums