Favorite deck on Anthem

As with anything, it depends on what your needs are. We just got off the ship. We would have preferred to be above or below either Sorrento's (24 hours) or the Windjammer, (open until at least 9pm), so we could have gotten beverages at will, without incurring the $7.95 room delivery charge. It's a really big ship, and it's a long walk for a glass of water, if you're in the wrong place.

As with anything, it depends on what your needs are. We just got off the ship. We would have preferred to be above or below either Sorrento's (24 hours) or the Windjammer, (open until at least 9pm), so we could have gotten beverages at will, without incurring the $7.95 room delivery charge. It's a really big ship, and it's a long walk for a glass of water, if you're in the wrong place.

Can't you get the room stewart to leave you a pitcher of water ?

That's what we do on Celebrity, every day they left fresh water.

totally agree with you, just got off the Anthem today, Nov 11. our room was on deck 10, aft corner, and it was a long walk every day. next time i would choose a room closer to the elevators, but not too close

Can't you get the room stewart to leave you a pitcher of water ?

That's what we do on Celebrity, every day they left fresh water.

Maybe. I didn't think to ask. I was in a balcony room. I saw the room steward twice. He did the minimum necessary. No towel animals until last 2 days. No chatting, etc. Not great service compared to other cruises. Not sure if it's the norm, or if they were just extra busy sanitizing due to the virus.

The long walks to the elevator are good to walk off what we eat! Like a cabin sandwiched between 2 other decks of cabins. Dh picked our cabin for January...right next to the CL so he can drop in to get coffee or whatever he wants quickly while waiting for me! I'm not sure why he thinks he's the one always waiting.

We had a balcony on deck 9, forward right by the elevators. I like being right by the elevators because not a long walk, but I hated sometimes because you could hear people coming to/from the elevators, there were times when a group of kids could be heard being loud. But other than that, I loved the deck, not too high, not too low. I would do same deck again, just not that close to the elevators.

We were between the elevators on 10 on Anthem. Booked again just behind the aft elevators for January. It's funny, I take the stairs as much as possible as my deal with the devil that is over-indulgence, but I don't like walking the long hallways. Sometimes you just need to pop back to the cabin quickly so I went with a quicker access point.

We just got off Anthem and were on deck 8 right outside the aft elevators. I thought it was a great location. Down to 4 or 5 and easy access to both Two70 and the Royal Esplanade. Up to 14 for the pool deck, 15 for the SeaPlex.

If you have kids, Adventure Ocean is right at the forward elevator lobby, but I didn't mind the walk, as it wasn't nearly as frequent as going from cabin to the venues above.

We had to change rooms on our upcoming Anthem trip as I found out our room was obstructed view and my husband spends a lot of time on the balcony. It was not an obstructed category, but when I saw the room on the deck plans it was obstructed. I'd recommend checking out Royal's deck plan on their website when you're booking. Cruise Critic's deck plans did not show the obstruction. We moved up to Deck 7 from Deck 6. My husband hopes to have his new hip by the time we sail, but we picked a room near the elevators just in case. We're also close enough to Deck 5 that I can take the stairs easily up and down and not have to wait for the elevator. I'm both impatient and actively trying to lose weight, so even if I get sloppy with going to the gym I'll get a little cardio in! That was a good compromise in location for us.

If you're prone to sea sickness or traveling with someone who is, most people recommend the middle of the ship and lower decks, as the motion seems less extreme there.