Free Internet for Platinum members

frac

You use your cruise key card to swipe - the magnetic reader is attached to the computer terminal. The total will appear when you log off, and will be added to your tab breifly. Adjustments are made each midnight, and the amount is credited back to your account.

I just got off the Sun and loved the platinum free internet. Used it a lot to keep intouch with a sick friend back home. The charges appeared on my statement until the final bill on last day at which time a minus showed at the end of statement and the total internet charges were removed. Use it and enjoy!

Carol

I guess each ship handles the bookkeeping differently, as on the Star they took it off each midnight. It doesn't matter, as long as it is taken off.:)

One suggestion: open a free email account for cruising like yahoo. I mention yahoo because it is easy to logon from the Princess computers. I only gave this address to a few people and there was never any junk mail to sort thru and take up time. I know if it is free, time doesn't matter except that it takes up your vacation time and occupies a computer someone else may be waiting for.

It is a great way to stay in touch with family or work.

Does anyone know if free internet access is a suite perk? Also, is there internet access in the suites, or do you have to go to the internet cafe (or whatever Princess calls it). We will be on the Grand.

Just returned from Sea Princess and yes, it is a perk for suite passengers -- but only in full suites, not mini's. I used it a few times and charges were credited at end of trip. I never printed anything, so I don't know if the 50 cents per page charge to print would be credited as well. You have to go to the internet cafe, at least on the Sea Princess. I heard from one fellow passengers, that some ships have internet access available in your suite if you bring your own laptop.

Does anyone know if free internet access is a suite perk? Also, is there internet access in the suites, or do you have to go to the internet cafe (or whatever Princess calls it). We will be on the Grand.

Just returned from Sea Princess and yes, it is a perk for suite passengers -- but only in full suites, not mini's. I used it a few times and charges were credited at end of trip. I never printed anything, so I don't know if the 50 cents per page charge to print would be credited as well. You have to go to the internet cafe, at least on the Sea Princess. I heard from one fellow passengers, that some ships have internet access available in your suite if you bring your own laptop.

None of the Princess ships have wireless internet access from their suites..

I think it is best to check your bill midway thru the cruise and also the last day so you can catch any mistakes early and not have to spend a great deal of time in line for adjustments.

Agree 100% with Gloria. Check your bill at least once during and on the last full day to make sure your bill is correct. On the Sapphire, the internet credit was done every night.

Just off Diamond Asia cruise.

Best perk ever was the free Internet for Platinum card holders.

Good connection most of the time, even off Vietnam.

Kept in touch via my regular yahoo account, no problems whatsover.

Bear in mind that you cannot save attachments on their computer.

None of the Princess ships have wireless internet access from their suites..

I have heard that the Grand Suites on the Grand Class ships have internet hookups in their suites (not wireless). I know someone sailing in one now and will check with them later.

Printing is not free for Platinum members. They charge $1 per page.

On our last Hawaii trip on the Island Princess, the internet connection was not available for 10 of the 15 days of our trip. Very disappointing, as this is the major Platinum perk we enjoy.

Is there a limit of how much time one can spend on the net?

Theoretically - I believe they can. From my past cruises, I have racked up a lot of internet time and have received all of it free. Awesome benefit - it keeps me pretty loyal to Princess. My bill on the other lines (where internet is $.75/minute) would be enormous.

Archived