Book Club

Yunqi

We just got off 28 days on Emerald Princess and my wife participated in the book club. They read two different books (it was a long cruise). One was called All The Missing Girls and the other was called The Sympathizer. They met for initial meetings to get the books and then again for mid-book discussions (first book only) and again and then for a final discussion. Many people enjoyed the first book and my wife really enjoyed the second book as well but about half the people didn't read the second one as it was a much more "serious" book and they said that it "wasn't a cruise ship type of book".

The book club was facilitated by one of the cruise director's staff and the meetings were listed in the Patter.

We just got off 28 days on Emerald Princess and my wife participated in the book club. They read two different books (it was a long cruise). One was called All The Missing Girls and the other was called The Sympathizer. They met for initial meetings to get the books and then again for mid-book discussions (first book only) and again and then for a final discussion. Many people enjoyed the first book and my wife really enjoyed the second book as well but about half the people didn't read the second one as it was a much more "serious" book and they said that it "wasn't a cruise ship type of book".

The book club was facilitated by one of the cruise director's staff and the meetings were listed in the Patter.

Thanks. We are reading "Hearts of Men".

Huh? "wasn't a cruise ship type of book"? I know that you were quoting, not opining, but really what the heck is a cruise ship type book? Just so I can load up the Kindle with the proper reading material.

Huh? "wasn't a cruise ship type of book"? I know that you were quoting, not opining, but really what the heck is a cruise ship type book? Just so I can load up the Kindle with the proper reading material.

They said it was far to "heavy" of material. It was a serious book and some didn't want to get into a book of that sort. My wife said it was good.