Anthem of the Seas / Questions

1). Any recommendations on which would be better for small children... the dolphin encounter at Atlantis or Blue Lagoon?

2). Recommendations on transportation from the port to KSC -- Uber, car rental vs car service?

3). Is the internet package worth it?

4). Any packing tips (that one would not normally be aware of) for Anthem of the Seas?

Many thanks!!

1). Any recommendations on which would be better for small children... the dolphin encounter at Atlantis or Blue Lagoon?

2). Recommendations on transportation from the port to KSC -- Uber, car rental vs car service?

4). Any packing tips (that one would not normally be aware of) for Anthem of the Seas?

Many thanks!!

1. We took our younger one (he was 7 at the time) to do the dolphin encounter at Atlantis, he loved it! I can't compare to the Blue Lagoon though because we didn't go there.

2. We tend to use Uber/Lyft for anything anymore, it just always seems so much cheaper. I would wait until you get into port, see what the prices are for Uber/Lyft and ask local taxis right there what they would charge.

3. I needed the internet package to keep in touch with work, so it was a must for me. I can say it worked great, I was even able to do a conference call which was impressive. Our teenagers loved it because they were able to stay on Facebook and Instagram all week. It's not cheap, but if you can afford it go for it. Then there's people like my wife who puts her cell phone in the vault as soon as we get one, she doesn't want to be bothered by technology while on vacation!

4. I was surprised by how much storage there is in the room for clothes. So most of the time we have to tell the kids to pack as little as possible! But on the Anthem, we had plenty of extra space still left to fit stuff. So I would say, if you thing you may have packed a little bit too much, don't worry, because you will be able to fit it in the room.

You will love this ship, we certainly did!

Many thanks!!

1. My kids (5&2) both loved the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter. Can't compare to Atlantis, but the experience on Blue Lagoon Island was terrific. Beautiful beach, everything is close by, friendly staff. Excellent option for smaller kids.

2. We chose to do the KSC excursion with RCL. It was a bit pricier than an Uber, but we didn't have to worry about car seats. Also, since there is a limited amount of time, the ship excursion allows you to bypass the main entrance, and the bus goes directly to the launch pads.

We did the Dolphin Encounter at BL on an NCL cruise and my daughter loved it (she was in her early teens, but lots of little kids there too).

We used the cruise excursion so can't comment on that. I know it's much more expensive, but to us we just roll it into the budget for the cruise. No worries about missing the ship and all that.

We didn't use the Internet package as we try and be as internet free as possible (after all, I'm on vacation, don't need any distractions from the outside world). With that said, there was some notification bleed through even without the packaged (we were regularly getting notifications from Twitter, MLB App and NHL App...enough that we were able to see scores of games). We ddn't try it but people reported in another thread the ability to use iMessage (we are Android) and Google Voice. In port in FL we obviously got our normal 4G access and in Nassau, our TMobile account allows for full internet access and texting for free and $.20 a minute per call (which we didn't use).

As for packing tips the Anthem gave us ample storage...more than other ships I've been on, and we tended to overpack (we were 3 adults) and were able to stash everything away. I wouldn't worry too much about packing. Pack what you feel you need. There are 2 formal nights, but they aren't required, so if you don't want to bring a suit or dress, don't. I wore a sport coat, a nice pair of slacks and a dress shirt, no tie, but plenty of other folks didn't bother.