Port Call Next Month - What to do??

curlymason

I'll be on Oasis of the Seas making a port call in SJ the first week of December. We're only in port from 7am to 2pm. Post-hurricane damage, I'm a little baffled about what to do. The only excursions available through the ship are super expensive ($100+pp), and we usually prefer to do our own thing anyway. At this point, I'm thinking we'll just wonder around Old San Juan a bit, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Thanks!

i dont know if its bacvk open but they have a free trolley that you can get on 1 block from the port, it is hop on hop off so you can jump off if there is anything you want to look closer at.

That’s a cool suggestion! I’ll have to check on that!

Old San Juan is smaller than it looks on a map. With your 7 hours in port, you would be able to walk most of Old Town.

We were there 10/14 through 10/16. The viable damage from Maria was minimal. At that time, no attractions were open, but there was still plenty to see in OSJ. Hopefully, most things will be open for you in December.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We did a Segway tour in Columbia a few weeks ago, and the tour guide said that the Segway tour in San Juan is no longer available - the owner was totally wiped out and is going to Columbia to start up there. If anyone finds any positive information, please post.

I just emailed him. Not permanently closed!

Here’s the message:

Thanks for reaching out,

We are not permanently closed.

We will reopen sometime December when power and infrastructure will be restored in our area

You can check availability at www.segwaytourspr.com or with RCCL/Celebrity if cruising with them

If you could help us correct the comments at the cruise board

Appreciate your interest

--

Gracias,

Jose Alvarez

Segway Tours Puerto Rico

787-598-9455

www.segwaytourspr.com

Don't know if it is the same vendor, but I assume it is based on the previous post, but a segway tour of Old San Juan is an excursion option on our stop in San Juan on Dec 24. We are on Royal Caribbean and the tour is called Fortification Segway Guided Tour

We like jumping on the ferry (50¢ each way) and going to Bacardi - there is a taxi from the ferry terminal to Bacardi, it was like $3 or $6 a person (must have been cheap, or I would not have done it). The tour is a little pricey, but you get a free drink / souvenir tumbler.

• 2 months later...
We did a Segway tour in Columbia a few weeks ago, and the tour guide said that the Segway tour in San Juan is no longer available - the owner was totally wiped out and is going to Columbia to start up there. If anyone finds any positive information, please post.

Hmm. I just emailed a few times with Segway of San Juan and had almost immediate responses to my inquiries. They stated no problems and the tours are running just fine. Now I'm a bit worried hearing this!