San Juan Hotel Day Pass

SPEDFREQ

Greetings - my family and I (which consists of 2 children ages 6 and 9) will be traveling to San Juan on Jan 19th. Our Disney cruise leaves on Jan 21st. I have been closely following the hotel situation (currently have 5 booked that have not cancelled and one AirBNB). I recall reading that some of the larger hotels were offering day passes to use their resort.

-Does anyone recall which ones?

-Has anyone actually used this day pass post Maria?

I am at a loss of what I should do with the family on the full day in San Juan due to the situation.. Appears like the beach / water is not in good shape.

Hotels current booked

-Best Western (Manager guarantees Ill have a room - if you can believe him)

-Hyatt City Center

-DoubleTree

-Hampton Inn

-Comfort Inn (expecting to get cancelled soon)

-Holiday Inn (they cancelled last week)

The AirBNB - I believe is a forsure place to rest your head but will not offer much for the kids to do - only on generator 4 hours a day..

Greetings - my family and I (which consists of 2 children ages 6 and 9) will be traveling to San Juan on Jan 19th. Our Disney cruise leaves on Jan 21st. I have been closely following the hotel situation (currently have 5 booked that have not cancelled and one AirBNB). I recall reading that some of the larger hotels were offering day passes to use their resort.

-Does anyone recall which ones?

-Has anyone actually used this day pass post Maria?

I am at a loss of what I should do with the family on the full day in San Juan due to the situation.. Appears like the beach / water is not in good shape.

Hotels current booked

-Hyatt City Center

-DoubleTree

-Hampton Inn

The AirBNB - I believe is a forsure place to rest your head but will not offer much for the kids to do - only on generator 4 hours a day..

I am looking for the same information regarding the Marriott. We would like to spend a day at the end of our cruise Dec 10th. http://www.resortforaday.com/Marriott-San-Juan-Shore-Excursion-Resort-Pass-p/sjumrs-l.htm

Does anyone know if they are offering this post Maria?

I am looking for the same information regarding the Marriott. We would like to spend a day at the end of our cruise Dec 10th. http://www.resortforaday.com/Marriott-San-Juan-Shore-Excursion-Resort-Pass-p/sjumrs-l.htm

Does anyone know if they are offering this post Maria?

Just called the hotel - they are running on city power and taking reservations.

They also are doing the day passes however recommended they be booked in advance at the link you provided.

80 USD PP includes $20 food/beverage voucher - children same cost if booked at hotel. IF booked online with link children have a reduced rate...

Just called the hotel - they are running on city power and taking reservations.

They also are doing the day passes however recommended they be booked in advance at the link you provided.

80 USD PP includes $20 food/beverage voucher - children same cost if booked at hotel. IF booked online with link children have a reduced rate...

Thanks very much for your help. I booked it!!!!

Hotels current booked

-Hyatt City Center

-DoubleTree

-Hampton Inn

If I'm understanding you correctly and you are holding reservations at multiple hotels for 4 people that is incredibly selfish on your part.

Hotels current booked

-Hyatt City Center

-DoubleTree

-Hampton Inn

If I'm understanding you correctly and you are holding reservations at multiple hotels for 4 people that is incredibly selfish on your part.

From what I've read A LOT of people are doing this...helps to explain the shortage of rooms...

It is a double-edged sword. Hotels are pulling reservations out from under people with little or no notification. So it makes sense to have one or more backups in case that happens. However, each backup is one less hotel room that someone else in need can possibly use. I am not sure there is a good solution until the recovery effort is over and things are back to normal.

It is a double-edged sword. Hotels are pulling reservations out from under people with little or no notification. So it makes sense to have one or more backups in case that happens. However, each backup is one less hotel room that someone else in need can possibly use. I am not sure there is a good solution until the recovery effort is over and things are back to normal.

Totally agree. In reality, it is the cancellation behavior of the Hotels that is creating the need to do this. There really is no win with the current situation.

We booked "Resort for a Day" for the Marriott Stellaris on Nov. 18th. Other than the weather wasn't great, the day was everything we could have asked for. Beach, Pool, chairs and umbrellas, towels provided and a voucher for food and/or drink. It was much easier to stay there than all day at the airport as our flight did not leave until after 6 p.m. The pool area has a fun looking slide that the kids might enjoy. Or even those "young at heart".