Looking for some suggestions

Ctrain246

Greetings to all fellow cruisers.

I, and my wife, are relative veterans of cruising. We will be going on our 5th cruise since 1999, on the Carnival Legend on 11/16/2006. In fact, my wife and I are serving as travel agents, (so to speak), for the November cruise. At this point we have 10 cabins booked, and anticipate having at least several more. Included in the present group are 10 first time cruisers. Even though our cruise is still quite a ways away, 338 days, we want to help everyone, especially the "Newbies" enjoy the buildup to the day we set sail. I have already directed everyone in our group to the Cruise Critic web site, but I was hoping to pick the brains of some of you for ideas that I can share with our group over the internet. I want to focus on the firstimers, but include everyone. If you'd like to respond directly, instead of posting on this site, my email is Ctrain246@sbcglobal.net. Thanks for your time and attention.

We were on the Carnival Legend two years ago, it was a blast. The water slide aft is so much fun and mostly filled with adults! I think a lot of good advice can be found on the Cruisediva website. I also recommend a group purchase of cruise-addicts beverage coolers for loading up with free lemonade or iced tea at the buffet for consumption on your balcony. Good luck!

I suggest going to the group boards to see what they have planned for their groups. I got a lot of information from there.

I also will suggest that everyone do their own thing once onboard. Maybe have your dinners together and plan on group meetings throughout the week. I am planning group meetings around tea time-- on sea days about 3:30 (will be in the capers)

Not everyone likes to do the same things. Print off a few excursion suggestions from the port of call boards.

Since you have several first time cruisers you could set up a meeting if you are all in the same area. Maybe a Sat or Sunday afternoon and go over some cruise basics and lingo on the web and on the ship. Talk about the lifeboat drill at this meeting. You can also have a slide show of some ofyour excurstions done on the same islands. Explain that the ship leaves without thme if they aren't on board. Also talk about passports which will be needed in 2007. For single parents, talk about the extra paperwork they need. Good luck.

Archived