Navigator coming to the west coast

wl2cruise

Cruisingator recently reported that someone on the NOS told him, they may not do it. Stay tuned....who knows yet. I hope they don't.

Yep, we have been hearing different answers, one minute it's on, the next it's off.

Sorry 1corona4u, I hope they do :D We need more options on the West Coast, the Monarch sucks (in my opinion) ;) You have lots of options in Florida!

###

Yep, we have been hearing different answers, one minute it's on, the next it's off.

Sorry 1corona4u, I hope they do :D We need more options on the West Coast, the Monarch sucks (in my opinion) ;) You have lots of options in Florida!

###

Navigator would not replace the Monarch anyway...it would replace Vision of the Seas.

Yes it would be very nice to have a voyager class boat on the west coast. I think this would bring more itinearys for the west coast for example maybe more circle cruises to hawaii. In the summer months all that we have is monarch of the seas. It would be nice to have 7 night mexican rivera cruise in june july and august. If you bring her they will come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

###

Nope. LOL. I only have 2 other options. Jewel or the Brillance, and maybe the Radiance, so 3,........but I have no interest in the Mariner, Voyager, Adventure, or the Explorer. They can take any of those....they just don't interest me...... decor wise I guess.....maybe because they are older too.(except the Mariner) I'm also not interested in the Freedom.....or the other vision class ships......so, sorry, I hope they don't take the NOS, LOL.:D

Not sure what I will do when I get bored with the NOS....:(

Nope. LOL. I only have 2 other options. Jewel or the Brillance, and maybe the Radiance, so 3,........but I have no interest in the Mariner, Voyager, Adventure, or the Explorer. They can take any of those....they just don't interest me...... decor wise I guess.....maybe because they are older too.(except the Mariner) I'm also not interested in the Freedom.....or the other vision class ships......so, sorry, I hope they don't take the NOS, LOL.:D

Not sure what I will do when I get bored with the NOS....:(

We loved the NOS, however I'm very jealous that you have the Jewel, we would LOVE her even more!!! :D

###

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors. The first question to ask is, "How would it get there?"

Then look at where Royal Caribbean is deploying ships. Voyager was the first Voyager Class ship to leave Miami, when it went to New York. Next year, they're sending Voyager to Europe, and moving Explorer to New York.

It would make sense to take Voyager from Europe and move it to the West Coast (that is the easiest way to get it there - it won't fit through the Panama Canal). They could then take Explorer to Europe to replace Voyager, and move Adventure to New York to replace Explorer. This would use the 3 Ultra Voyagers to replace the first 3 Voyager class ships. (Putting them in the 3 biggest markets, and moving the oldest 3 to the next markets down the totum pole.)

I thought alaska number 1. If they did that why even send the radiance and serenade over here if were so low on the poll? My mom always told me to share!!!!!!!:) I think they could repostion they boat by a south american cruise like they do with celerbity

Then look at where Royal Caribbean is deploying ships. Voyager was the first Voyager Class ship to leave Miami, when it went to New York. Next year, they're sending Voyager to Europe, and moving Explorer to New York.

It would make sense to take Voyager from Europe and move it to the West Coast (that is the easiest way to get it there - it won't fit through the Panama Canal). They could then take Explorer to Europe to replace Voyager, and move Adventure to New York to replace Explorer. This would use the 3 Ultra Voyagers to replace the first 3 Voyager class ships. (Putting them in the 3 biggest markets, and moving the oldest 3 to the next markets down the totum pole.)

It would go around South America....Just like the QM2 is doing next year when it comes to Los Angeles for a visit.

Yes it would be very nice to have a voyager class boat on the west coast. I think this would bring more itinearys for the west coast for example maybe more circle cruises to hawaii. In the summer months all that we have is monarch of the seas. It would be nice to have 7 night mexican rivera cruise in june july and august. If you bring her they will come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

The Vision does the 7 night Mex Riviera year round from Los Angeles.

I was on the Navigator again last week and while booking a cruise for next year the Loyalty Ambassador told me that RCI has decided that a Voyager class ship year round on the west coast would not be good financially for the company and that the Navigator would not be going west or at least for the time being. She stated that that was all a rumor. This person has worked for RCI for twelve years and I feel that she knows her stuff. I guess we shall see but until RCI releases some info stating anything different, one can only assume that the Navigator is not going anywhere right now.

I was on the Navigator again last week and while booking a cruise for next year the Loyalty Ambassador told me that RCI has decided that a Voyager class ship year round on the west coast would not be good financially for the company and that the Navigator would not be going west or at least for the time being. She stated that that was all a rumor. This person has worked for RCI for twelve years and I feel that she knows her stuff. I guess we shall see but until RCI releases some info stating anything different, one can only assume that the Navigator is not going anywhere right now.
And this is why I never got my hopes up when I heard the rumors. It would of been nice but I honestly didn't think it would happen. I hope it does come over but I won't believe it until I see the ship in LA.

Another year or two of Global Warming and they can take via the Northwest Passage. :)

I wish they would send the Navigator over to the west coast. I could probably coax my friends from CA into cruising if the Navigator did the Mexico route... I assume the ship would have to tender to Cabo, but are the piers in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta equipped to handle a ship that size? (Haven't been there since 1984...)

I'd like to see a Radiance class ship in LA! And I would hate to lose Vision. She's a classy lady. I think Monarch is fine for her purposes (3/4 night cruises). She wouldn't take nearly the beating she does if she were on the longer cruises. Why not all three, greedy person that I am?:D

I have never heard of a cruise line basing one of their newer ships on the West Coast. They can send the older ships over their and still fill them every week. I honestly from the begining upon hearing that rumor never believed it. Just my 2 cents :)

Carnival sent the Pride over to the West Coast after she was only just a few years old. More and more people like cruising from the West Coast.

Carnival sent the Pride over to the West Coast after she was only just a few years old. More and more people like cruising from the West Coast.

The Diamond and Sapphire Princessess sail the 7-night Mexican Riviera in the winter, too. They are the newest ships in Princess' fleet, I believe.

I read in the travel section of the paper that hawaii has become the fastest growing destination in the industry. Since 2001 hawaii has grown by 40 percent!!! Ncl sent their new ship to hawaii. Will rci send something new soon like maybe a voyager class or a radiance claas?:cool:

I have never heard of a cruise line basing one of their newer ships on the West Coast. They can send the older ships over their and still fill them every week. I honestly from the begining upon hearing that rumor never believed it. Just my 2 cents :)

When we were on the Navigator last May the Captain (during our Meet & Mingle) said that RCI was considering moving the Navigator to the West Coast. Was he spreading rumors ?? Highly unlikely. Things can change frequently - and if RCI has decided to keep the Navigator on the east coast it is most likely the best business decision for them at this time. I wish they would bring a voyager class ship to the west coast - new or not. Until that happens we'll continue to sail from both coasts.

The Diamond and Sapphire Princessess sail the 7-night Mexican Riviera in the winter, too. They are the newest ships in Princess' fleet, I believe.

You are so right. So RCCL is the only one with the oldest ships on the west coast. What was that other person talking about? lol.

Archived