Upgrade to Suite question

woopuppy

I am currently booked in a mid ship balcony room. When I booked I got free room gratuities except for the Haven or Suites. I got the email to upgrade to the different suites. If I choose to bid will I be charged the gratuities for upgrading to the suite? I know you don't lose your previous perks but since it states on that perk except for the Haven or Suites I am assuming I would be charged. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I am currently booked in a mid ship balcony room. When I booked I got free room gratuities except for the Haven or Suites. I got the email to upgrade to the different suites. If I choose to bid will I be charged the gratuities for upgrading to the suite? I know you don't lose your previous perks but since it states on that perk except for the Haven or Suites I am assuming I would be charged. Any help on this would be appreciated.

In October I had a balcony booked.and had prepaid gratuities ..bid/ upgraded to suite -- I was not charged for any additional gratuities..either ahead or onboard....(as an aside..we kept all original perks)

Edited by jaja

In October I had a balcony booked.and had prepaid gratuities ..bid/ upgraded to suite -- I was not charged for any additional gratuities..either ahead or onboard....(as an aside..we kept all original perks)

I didn't know if it would be the same when ours was a perk. Thanks for your response.

I didn't know if it would be the same when ours was a perk. Thanks for your response.

A note/clarification ...I prepaid the grats myself for the balcony....it was not a perk...BUT..as I said all of my perks stayed the same..

If you prepaid gratuities (DSC) *** that stays with you no matter what cabin you are in.

When you change cabins you lose the perks and promos that go with the original

booking and assume the new perks and promos of the new booking (cabin).

If the gratuities were complimentary with the original booking that may not be

retained carried over to the new booking !

Previous gratuities complimentary on the UBP - you would lose that even though

the suites and havens have the UBP as part of the booking.

*** Care must be taken here - PREPAID DSC (Daily Service Charge) sometimes

referred to as prepaid Gratuities is different from the gratuity charged on packages

such as the UBP.

If you prepaid gratuities (DSC) *** that stays with you no matter what cabin you are in.

When you change cabins you lose the perks and promos that go with the original

booking and assume the new perks and promos of the new booking (cabin).

If the gratuities were complimentary with the original booking that may not be

retained carried over to the new booking !

Previous gratuities complimentary on the UBP - you would lose that even though

the suites and havens have the UBP as part of the booking.

*** Care must be taken here - PREPAID DSC (Daily Service Charge) sometimes

referred to as prepaid Gratuities is different from the gratuity charged on packages

such as the UBP.

This is not a new booking. This is with the upgrade bidding after final payment. I did make 2 phone calls to NCL and found my answer. Yes the perk follows me and I will not be charged the gratuities. I am bidding on the cabin not booking the cabin.

In reality, bookeeping wise, you basically prepaid part of your final bill.

yes---BUT when I upgraded...my final bill..did not change as far as gratuities went...I only paid the grats for a balcony...and never was charged or paid for the more expensive grats on a suite...and I wanted to make sure the OP knew that is what happened to me...

Gratuity prices don’t vary from cabin type to cabin type. They are the same. You won’t have to pay any additional monies except the money you bid, if accepted. If all else fails, call your cruise consultant at NCL. They’ll sort it all out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yes---BUT when I upgraded...my final bill..did not change as far as gratuities went...I only paid the grats for a balcony...and never was charged or paid for the more expensive grats on a suite...and I wanted to make sure the OP knew that is what happened to me...

YEA!

I think it all depends on how they do they bookkeeping and if they catch it. Great for you.

YEA!

I think it all depends on how they do they bookkeeping and if they catch it. Great for you.

Yes...Gary..as you know...with all the other "problems" with my cabin/cruise...I was happy with the bookkeeping with grats..:D

Gratuity prices don’t vary from cabin type to cabin type. They are the same. You won’t have to pay any additional monies except the money you bid, if accepted. If all else fails, call your cruise consultant at NCL. They’ll sort it all out for you.

- For sailings on or after April 1, 2017:

All service charges PAID ONBOARD, regardless of booking date will be charged the NEW price of:

• $16.99 USD per person per day The Haven and Suites; $13.99 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

The suites do have a higher DSC. But if you are already prepaid and move up you are all set.

The suites do have a higher DSC. But if you are already prepaid and move up you are all set.

Bloop! Never read the fine print...ha! Just always went with what I was told. Thanks for the info!